587,770 active members*
3,087 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

ok, I got them to run off a 12v batt and they spin, be it real slow, so I take it that means they work. Now my next step is to get on to spin via my computer, the rutex drive looks to fit the part but what else do i need? I need a power supply correct? What would you recomend? I would like to get something already assembled as there is less to go wrong (I hope). And the encoders, will I be able to do anything w/o them. If I understand what i've read it won't work at all but i'm hoping i'm wrong. just trying to spend as little money at a time. the equipment I got all this off has an encoder but I don't think it works (kinda dented up) is there a way to test them? Would it even work with the rutex?

Tag:
    Industrial encoder
    BEI Sensors & Systems
    MOD NO: l256-625-ab-7406r-led-spt02
    part no: 924-01008-1455
    VDC IN 5V

I read something about rutex using 5V but it cant be that simple can it. Different encoders have different resolutions don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by dbunyip
    I got all this off has an encoder but I don't think it works (kinda dented up) is there a way to test them? Would it even work with the rutex?

Tag:
    Industrial encoder
    BEI Sensors & Systems
    MOD NO: l256-625-ab-7406r-led-spt02
    part no: 924-01008-1455
    VDC IN 5V
    I assume that is L56G ?
    These show 625 pulses/turn, A/B pulses only so you don't appear to have a marker pulse, used for zeroing the axis.
    Also these are not TTL as it show a 7406 open collector driver for an IC.
    So you would need pull up resistors, connected from output to +5v to test them.
    If you connect an ordinary meter up to the outputs reference to common, you can see individual 0 to 5+ transition if you turn as slowly as possible.
    You may not have complementary outputs either, just single A & B, If yooou need complementary you can add a diferential IC if required
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.