587,626 active members*
3,394 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CRT question

CRT question

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help me.

I have a 21TB control with a busted CRT. I have sourced a 2nd hand CRT, but it was on a GE 0TA control. Thus the differences on the CRT's are A61L-0001-0093 for my 21TB control and a A61L-0001-0092 screen that I sourced. I know the 0092 is still back compatible with the 6 series controls and that there are some signals / resolutions that may not be correct, but is there a way that I can use the 0092 CRT on the 21TB control?

Another option will be to replace what looks broken on the 0093 with the 0092. I am not an electronic expert, so I may just be screwing a good screen.

Any help will be great. Thanks

Re: CRT question

Hi Ace,

I am far from an expert, but after a bit of searching I think they might actually be compatible.

I found three LCD retrofit units on Ebay, all of which support replacing both the A61L-0001-0092 and A61L-0001-0093, so I'd imagine the power and signal wiring are equivalent.

Re: CRT question

Thanks nitr1c. I bought the machine (Takisawa TC10) knowing that it had a lot of work before it can run properly ( that means a looooong project ) . I have fixed her up rather well and the last few days that I stayed out on the farm I had her on. The screen was busted, but no alarms on the drives. I moved to town now and only have single phase. Before I can test any further I need to make an RPC or something. Meanwhile I'll keep an eye out for an LED/LCD/TFT/0093 that will fit my lack of budget. I only bought the 0092 as it was working and dirt cheap.

But the thought still stands to plug it in and see if it will work.

Kriek