587,777 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Camsoft website very dated

We hear you and we'll do it.

We want people to know that we have 4 web-sites now.
    cnccontrols.com
    is the main site these days that we advertise and keep up with. The other sites are still up but mainly to keep the web-site address. We were lucky to get cnccontrols.com address in 1991 when the web was brand new. This was a time where we were the only PC based CNC controller on the market and have been in business selling CNC software for 10 years already by then. We are always updating this web-site with News, New features and Information.

It's about time we put some more new videos on there. So we invite our customers to send us their Video's and we'll put them on web-site. They can be making parts or how they do things on their machine.

We do have many video's archived that we could of posted over the years, if we thought changing videos we're that important. There's a good amount now and we know having too many is not good either. There's many great America products that we all know and hope stay consistent. We believe in that too. Ours customers tell us that what's important to them is to have that files they have been using on their machines keep working with their original hardware after they update even if they have to buy a new computer or upgrade to a newer version of Windows.

We get that this is important and maybe why we have so many long term customers that stay with us. We believe this is because we make it so they can keep updating their software, computers & Windows without having to change hardware. We want to say that while we still make available on our installation CD old Windows driver versions, Windows help , hardware drivers and many older model motion & I/O cards to keep customers machines running. What people don't see or stop to think about is how we can get their existing hardware which was invented & made before today's Windows versions, new computers with mother board changes and today's BIOS chips came out run like new again.

Meaning their machine runs the same as it did even with a new computer or Windows upgrade. Since we write our own drivers it's possible to keep a customer's machine running using a newer version of Windows on a new computer with their machines existing Motion card, I/O boards, Pendants, Motors & Amp Drive hardware. Besides extending the life cycle of the machine they get a faster computer and better graphics. We use several brands of motion and I/O boards and boxes these days that come from all over the world. Some people don't realize that the manufactures of these motion & I/O cards only provide drivers for their cards that run on new versions of Windows or only on mother boards with late model mother boards and BIOS chips. This is one of the main reasons we write our own hardware drivers to be backwards compatible. We make it the customer's choice to choose new or old without having to toss out their hardware boards that are working now and replace them with newer models just because the drivers aren't available.

We work hard here to update Windows , Motion card & I/O board hardware drivers. Almost every Friday here we update our software to keep up with Windows changes. The current installation CD gives you a choice from Windows 98 through Windows 10 " We did drop Windows 95 a while back but left the files on the CD just in-case ". It's our philosophy and advantage to give customers more choices than everyone else in the business: CamSoft's current CNC Professional version runs on New or Old Windows, New or Old computers with new or old BIOS chips and mother boards for almost every American, European and Asian motor brand name that is AC, DC, Brush or Brushless, Hydraulic, PWM or Stepper motor that accepts a very wide variety of industry standard signals such as +/-10V Analog, PWM, Pulse Width Modulation, Step an Direction or Dual Pulse & Direction.

The cnccontrols.com site works for us. The video's on it are making our point. These are real customer videos. Not ones we prepared, choreographed or staged. They may have been shorten but there are no Hollywood special effects, not edited or photo shopped in any way. Send us your CamSoft video and we'll show you our gratitude in return.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Controller For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market

Re: Camsoft website very dated

I tend to agree with most of whats been said by the Camsoft staff with one major caveat.
    If you asked me as a potential customer, would I like to see several well edited good quality videos
    of how a generic the instalation takes place, the answer is a resounding yes.

You can go on Youtube and find no end of videos watching a CNC making swarf. (yawn)

I have a copy of the Camsoft install manual from some year ago (available for nominal fee at the time)
    It is good if a bit heavy going but worth the read if you really are interested.

Thats not really good enough now days. Video is the way, it will perhaps put some off but not all I suspect.