587,751 active members*
3,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: CNC Electronics Problem(s)

Oh, and another question:
    With motors came 2 EMI filters too. I don't know its utility but i imagine that is to motors receive a better power signal. But i use 3 motors and i only have 2 filters. I have to connect its? how i have to connect? I never did it and i newer listen about EMI filters. I'm new on electronics. I attach a photo:
    Attachment 331662
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by davurpi View Post
    Oh, and another question:
    With motors came 2 EMI filters too. I don't know its utility but i imagine that is to motors receive a better power signal. But i use 3 motors and i only have 2 filters. I have to connect its? how i have to connect? I never did it and i newer listen about EMI filters. I'm new on electronics. I attach a photo:
    Attachment 331662
    Thank you!
    NO, not for the motors, that is for mains interference filtering.
    Do not connect that to motors. Does not have anything to do with motors.

Then is convenient to use this filters to the main circuit? Is needed for functionality or to reduce a big risk or is only optional?

Quote Originally Posted by tommylight View Post
    NO, not for the motors, that is for mains interference filtering.
    Do not connect that to motors. Does not have anything to do with motors.

Quote Originally Posted by davurpi View Post
    Then is convenient to use this filters to the main circuit? Is needed for functionality or to reduce a big risk or is only optional?
    It is to reduce power line noise (EMI) from entering or exiting your system. It is optional, but more like insurance in that "junk signals" don't get in or out.

The filter is for connecting between your AC line and your power supply. Some power supplies may have them built-in. So you would only need one as you can drive 3 steppers from one DC power supply.
    Geckdrive dot com uses a formula to calculate the maximum motor voltage. It is 32 * SQR(motor inductance in mH). Lets say your motor has 1.25mH inductance then the maximum rule of thumb is 32 * SQR(1.25) = 35.77VDC. Source: G201 REV-16 - Stepper Drives - Motor Control Manuals - Support | Step Motor Controls
    The inductance is obtained from the motor manufacture. It's not printed on your motor pictures. Also the inductance can change depending on whether it is connected as bipolar or unipolar. Bipolar uses 4 wires and unipolar uses 6 wires. There may be other variations. Data sheets are the best way to know.
    I didn't find a spec for your "PJ80A2-24A" motors.
    The other motor number came up with this - http://www.alltronics.com/mas_assets/acrobat/25M002.pdf
    This one has a schematic for driver and uses 40VDC for power supply. this motor has 6 leads.
    You can start with a 24VDC power supply with say 6A or better current rating. Each motor needs to have its current limited to its rated current by the driver.