587,832 active members*
3,754 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > So Far I've managed to Blow up 3 DYN4 drives - Please Critique my wiring..... HELP!!

Hybrid View

Re: So Far I've managed to Blow up 3 DYN4 drives - Please Critique my wiring..... HE

Quote Originally Posted by GM1G View Post
    i just wanted to reiterate that these drives all worked and jogged their motors before blowing up,
    after powering down and back up later in the day
    Yes that tells you, the Drives where Ok, until they got zapped, You have not posted your input power supply, I think this is where all your problems started from

The Power Filters are they able to take 2 Hot wires, or one Hot and neutral, you may want to check this with the manufacture, that they can take 2 Hot/live wires
    Mactec54

Re: So Far I've managed to Blow up 3 DYN4 drives - Please Critique my wiring..... HE

The drive blew up and not the fuse telling me that this is probably overvoltage and not overcurrent problem.
    When you connected the 220V are you sure you connected one Phase and one Neutral wires and not 2 phases?
    2x 220V phases would create a 340Volts DC bus voltage inside which i think is too much for this drive and then that it blew up after some time is not a surprise.