587,737 active members*
3,135 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > My G0704 CNC Mill is setup to run Mach3 and has A.T. controller. I want LinuxCNC...
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: My G0704 CNC Mill is setup to run Mach3 and has A.T. controller. I want LinuxCNC.

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    The ClearPath servos have built in drivers that take step and direction signals just like a stepper, so he doesn't need to feed the encoder signal back to the mesa board or controller if he doesn't want to. The essentially work just like a stepper.
    This is correct, and it's one of the things that I like about their system actually.

Re: My G0704 CNC Mill is setup to run Mach3 and has A.T. controller. I want LinuxCNC.

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    The ClearPath servos have built in drivers that take step and direction signals just like a stepper, so he doesn't need to feed the encoder signal back to the mesa board or controller if he doesn't want to. The essentially work just like a stepper.
    Ah cool... Would it not be beneficial still to be able to return the encoder feedback to Linux?

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Ah cool... Would it not be beneficial still to be able to return the encoder feedback to Linux?

https://www.teknic.com/products/clea...-servo-motors/

Complete closed loop systems.

The only reason I can see would be so that the controller can sense a following error and shut down. The clear path servos can be configured to output a "all systems go" signal to a single pin on a simple BOB that linuxCNC can read to see if a problem arises. If it does, the clear path output changes state and notifies LinuxCNC and LinuxCNC can shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfchop View Post
    Yup I'm familiar with it, run closed loop steppers Erich are very similar, loop is closed outside of the controller, just want sure if it would be beneficial to feed Linux for future options or functionality (if any requires feedback, not sure if anything really does)..

Yup I'm familiar with it, run closed loop steppers Erich are very similar, loop is closed outside of the controller, just want sure if it would be beneficial to feed Linux for future options or functionality (if any requires feedback, not sure if anything really does)..

Ah, I read the first part and responded. My mistake. Yes, they are a closed loop past the controller, correct.

Page 2 of 2 12