587,372 active members*
3,745 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 345 of 422 245295335343344345346347355395
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Greetings, hobby builder of too many things.

Hi Team,
    My name is Pitre.
    Freelancer for Servicing , Troubleshooting & Maintenance ( Preventive & Breakdown ) for CNC Lasers ( Co2 & Fiber) , Turrets, Press Brakes and other Conventional machines related to manufacturing.
    I offer my services to clients across the Globe.

Thanks.

Hello
    I'm Chinnh,

I am a engineer and hope to find some nice information on this nice forum

Like to see all the nice project and hope to give some information to. :cheers:

thanx, I was looking for some tech help. Ive got a small cnc table and looking to change the control from plasma cam to Mach 3, I don't know what i have to do.they have servo motors.

hey! this is David! happy to be here!

Hello all, I'm Mike

Quote Originally Posted by davmormej View Post
    hey! this is David! happy to be here!
    hey David

I would like some direction of how to hook up plasma cam with another program. any ideas?

Hello all,
    I'm Ashleigh. I've come here for resources in the past. I can't find any answers to my specific problem this time, so I finally registered so I can post my own "help" thread.
    I'm a tool and die maker/wire EDM programmer-set up-operator for mostly medical components- metal stamping dies and injection molding components.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Aussie Nick, currently in the Middle East and looking to startup a startup using home built manufacturing. Myself and a couple others purchased an X-winder 4 axis filament winder, a large chinese vertical 3D printer, and then a Stepcraft 820 CNC router / 3D printer. They have all failed at achieving what we are trying to achieve and succeeded at small bits. As a result, I've just ordered a set of ballscrew/linear rails, gecko540 with 4 Nema 23's, and shortly the aluminium frame for my own gargantuan sized high speed 3d Printer / CNC router that i Fusion 360'd together last weekend.
    So I joined this forum to learn from other's mistakes and hopefully not add to them, but if your wondering there is a list below for your amusement.

The self earned Motto for our Stepcraft machine is "If it can go wrong, it will go wrong", problems include;
    3D print filament jamming over itself on the filament spool in the stock filament holder
    filament jamming out the end of the nozzle because of CNC / print bed height out by .1-.2 mm over total length of table
    USB UC100 giving electric shocks if you lean on a metal part of the cnc
    USB UC100 causing erratic movements when manually driving ( starts but doesn't stop on mouse release )
    Cat cable with snapped clip sliding out of switch half way through 3d Print job ( UC400ETH Upgrade )
    Y axis binding momentarily on CNC job, and then completing the job with half of it then 6mm out of place
    Y axis binding on 3D print job..... 5 or 6 times after 6-7 hours of printing - unknown reason
    Y axis belt jumped off roller 5 hours into 3D print job
    And the filamnet winder ;
    Filament winder carbon getting caught on the end of the roller of the delivery head with non uniform mandrels
    Roller guides added created too much tension on delivery head causing X axis to Jam with non uniform mandrel accelerations, or any time we went above about 60% max speed
    Glue drying to quickly with 3K Tow to complete job, so switched to less layers of 12K, then switched to less glue in resin bath, part not strong enough so switched to more layers
    Extra glue getting impregnated on carbon tow in resin bath, so ditched roller and squeege setup for a roller and roller, rubber band pressure with grooves for carbon filament glue drain

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd
    Hi,

My name is Matt, Im pretty new to CNC just built a MPCNC (Using my 3D printer, which I am more proficient with), I also have a mini mill (which I want to convert to CNC) and a mini lathe (maybe CNC one day). I love to tinker, make and fix things. I am a avionics technician by trade. Hope to learn a bunch from yall. I am a huge fan of open source, and DIY. I would love to be able to 3D print or hand mill most of the components for my mini mill to cnc conversion but I dont know much about the required parts/dimensions (just that CNC fusion sells a kit for like $600 that appears to have some lead screws, milled aluminum mounts, and some other various parts, but I would like to make all I can. I will more than likely be posting a thread asking for help on the subject. Very glad to be here.

Hello.
    I'm Lee. I am an automation engineer. I joined because I use this site constantly as a reference for my cnc questions.
    It would be nice to ask specific questions and give answers to many of the controls questions I have seen here.

Hi everyone ...glad to be on board ......

i've been in my printing industry for 25 years and am amazed at what CNC can do when it comes to channel lettering and the making of gift plates etc...now I'm pionering cnc for the industry and would welcome more applications from my fellows in this and new printing applications ....so i'm glad to be here to learn!

I am a newbie, wanting ti learn everything I can about CNC. Thinking about building a CNC plasma /router table.

I'm a new member I just joined
    I'm tunisian and I'am starting a CNC project
    I'm a banker and i'm interested by rc planes.

Samir

Hi, I'm Jen. I originally began my career in drafting and it has expanded to CNC woodworking over the last year and a half. I often lurk around on here for solutions to my problems, so I thought I would form an account to begin posting on my own.

Hi all,

Brand new user - long time lurker from Sweden.
    I'm a maker who mostly have played with electronic circuits and software. I'm also a frequent 3D printer user. I'm building my designs in Sketchup.
    I've been wanting to get into machining for a long time and I just got myself a cheap Chinese 3040 router just to learn the basics without ruining anything expensive. I know pretty much nothing at this point but when I know how things work and when I know what I want and what I need then I hope that I can build a better router. Thought it's about time I joined cnczone now.

See you around,

Per

Hello, my name is Chris. I am 18 years old, a mechanical engineering student. I have not yet got into CNC, but make parts and fab with my manual lathe currently and plan to move into into the future. Pleasant to meet you all!

Hey everyone.

I'm Miguel. New to cnc but I've been interested for years. I'm looking to get/build my first machine very soon.

Page 345 of 422 245295335343344345346347355395