3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Quote Originally Posted by floodcooled View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone else had the same problem ?

I have set a static IP address of 192.168.31.10, a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and no Gateway.
    Laptop and controller are directly connected through a straight RJ45 cable (not crossover).
    In the Windows 10 command prompt i can see the static address using ipconfig /all
    In don't see any other IP addresses on the LAN except this one and localhost(127.0.0.1), using netstat -r
    I tried disabling Windows firewall, enabling network discovery and allowing other computers to use this laptop's network connection
    Still no joy.

Short of using a router and letting the device figure out the addresses, is there anything else i should do ?

Anyone else care to chip in ?

TKS,

-fc
    Hi, Disable your firewall and see if it communicates then.
    I had a very similar problem.

Shane

I have also purchased this controller card and I as well cannot get it to jog. I have done everything that the manual says for the setup of this board for the ports and pins and it will not jog. I have also followed all the advice that the people on this thread has given and still the jog function does not work. I have also checked and made sure that the jog function was turned on in mach3. I am running windows 10 and I have a router hooked up to the computer and the board and the router does see both devices. I have disabled ALL firewalls, windows and my antivirus programs ones. When I open Mach3 I can test my e-stop and that works and also I have tested my probe input and that also works so I think that the board and the computer are talking to each other. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

when you start up MACH3 is the NVEM plugged into you network and powered on? In the box at the bottom of MACH3 next to the red/green reset button it should say connected to the NVEM. sorry I don't know the correct name for this box.

Quote Originally Posted by w7owc View Post
    when you start up MACH3 is the NVEM plugged into you network and powered on? In the box at the bottom of MACH3 next to the red/green reset button it should say connected to the NVEM. sorry I don't know the correct name for this box.
    Yes the board is powered on and the router sees both devices connected. It does not say connected to nvem at all but after I reset the system is can use the reset button to reset mach3. Plus the pin that has my probe hooked up to it lights up when I engage the probe but this is all hooked up to the board. It just seems that there is no communication from the computer to the board