So if anyone is considering buying one of the many used renishaw probes on eBay - here's my conversion to work under PathPilot with TTS.

I started with a $69 Renishaw MP3 on a CAT50 holder here:

Attachment 345140

After taking the pieces apart I removed the Inductive module (unscrews w M4 screws) and cut the 2 wires (white(+) and red(-)):

Attachment 345124

Then I drilled out the hole to 0.6in and wired in a 3 pin din connector:

Attachment 345126

There are only 2 wires in the probe the white and red - these connect just like the tormach or wild horse probes although the White goes to the +5v, and the Red wire to the ground.

For the LEDs i drilled out the smaller holes below the DIN connector and glued in some white LEDs.

The circuit is simple, one led + 1K resistor connected across the red/white wires.

Attachment 345128

Then I make an adapter plate that screws into the previous inductive housing ring and is threaded for a TTS ER20 collect chuck.

Here is the rendering:

Attachment 345130

I put small O-rings between the Probe housing and Mount to allow for tightening the M4 screws to perform On Center Adjustment:

Attachment 345132

Here is the Probe assembled and installed:

Attachment 345134

Attachment 345136

Here it is next to my Wildhorse Probe (The MP3 probe is huge!):

Attachment 345138

Fusion 360 CAD/CAM Files if anyone wants:

MP3 Adapter-Fusion360

The repeatability is pretty amazing - measuring the same surface over and over was usually exactly the same - sometimes off by 0.0001 even with a crappy homemade stylus that isn't concentric (have a real M4 stylus on order).