Quote Originally Posted by dalcini View Post
... Oh I just thought of one more question too - I know that each company is probably a different scenario - but when you ordered from Jcut - did the 6090B come in only one configuration, or did you spec it out yourself? Spindle size, tool changer, etc? Is this stuff configurable to some extent?
Hi Danny,

With budget, $2000 will be close to getting a working 6040, not really anything better than that, and as Gerry pointed out an ATC alone will be thousands. But I really couldn't see the advantage of an ATC on a machine that size in a semi-hobbyist/commercial environment. The few seconds it takes to change and set the z height of cutters is really insignificant. You'd be far better putting any ATC money onto a better machine to start with IMHO.

I started looking at the table model 6090 but didn't like the mass or rigidity of it, so went to the big frame model. From there I went from the round supported rails of the A version to the better linear rails on the B model. A really, really important thing to note is that not all 6090's are the same, Keling CNC had or have, a 6090 with much thinner gantry sides than my machine, which caused many people to complain about the amount of flex when machining as a result.

The frame, build quality, and things like the dimensions of the gantry, Z axis, etc, were all compared with the other models around at the time.

cheers, Ian