587,628 active members*
3,369 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Hardware > what laser to buy to cut 3 mm mdf ? help
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: what laser to buy to cut 3 mm mdf ? help

I purchased the tube in Jan 2015.. It is brand new never used. I may have waited too long and now I have no chance for replacement,,, I miss by two months...

IF this tube looses its gas in a year, How can it work for 10000 hours???

My last tube worked for 3 years no less. No problem. Why a brand new never used tube go bad so quickly. This makes my faith/trust not very good.

Thanks you for your help Eric. I guess I need to spend more money now.... It should not be like this.

hello Rick, sorry to hear that.

Even though you never used the tube, it doesn't means the tube could be as new as one year ago. in fact, the power of the tube will fade still. And if you didn't use the tube for a long time, it will do worse to the tube. Just like the vehicle , you need always drive it some times.

If laser tube long time no use, the gas molecule inside the tube will deposit and lose activity. And once you use it again, you should use low power to active the gas molecule first, and insrease the power step by step, if you use the high power directly, the tube will be game over soon.

10,000 Hours is a lifespan in theory and in laboratory environment, the real working lifespan could be affect by different factors. And of course, each brand laser tube could have failure product, you are just not lucky, but don't loss your faith. Lol
    Contact: Eric Cai E-mail: [email protected] Skype: sely.sunic Web: www.arguslaser.net

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusLaser View Post

If laser tube long time no use, the gas molecule inside the tube will deposit and lose activity. And once you use it again, you should use low power to active the gas molecule first, and insrease the power step by step, if you use the high power directly, the tube will be game over soon.

Thank you again Eric,

Is the gas under pressure in the tube? how many torr if so?

If this tube will not lase because of gas molecule deposit, Can I do anything to change this?

I have removed tube from the machine. I am standing it on its end. I will leave like that for a time and then flip it over. I have nothing to lose.. My luck is good when it comes to loss so I should be good. Maybe successful!

Dear Rick,

Sorry to say that if your tube's gas is lossing, you can do nothing now.

As I said, before it happend, you should use low power like 10% to active the gs molecule first for around 10 mins, and increase the power step by step. If you didn't do that, the tube may break.

You have to change a new tube now my friend.

Warm regards
    Eric
    Contact: Eric Cai E-mail: [email protected] Skype: sely.sunic Web: www.arguslaser.net

that is unfortunate news. I email Reci and have no reply. I think I will find another company to deal with.
    This whole ordeal has been a terrible time.

I have learned something from you Eric. I appreciate that you have taken the time to reply continuously.

Wishing the very bests for you in the new year.

Page 2 of 2 12