587,829 active members*
2,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: How to Pause, Move x,y,z, Resume?

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Tormach basically told me this, and noted they would research this behavior. I was totally frustrated when I started using Path Pilot because of this.
    After fretting for weeks over this I decided to refine a process to work with it. I tend to resist what I dont like then adapt. Doing almost 100% multi side and offset parts I was surprised that I could setup sprutcam to pause and prompt me to do whatever was required.. At that point I stop program and code pointer returns to start. Then I perform fixture change or whatever. In past, on long programs I would note about where the scroll bar control was on screen then drag it back to that point and was in the right area of program code. Then set start point on a line I had sprutcam pause on. Hit start and with no frills it begins. Recently they added search and what a difference for me. It's easy to find that exact line and better yet have your cam put a note at points in code to search for.
    As I noted above with good position stops for fixtures or material you can do one part complete on the fly setting all offsets and changes. Then next part can be done with little effort and reason to stop code, Just perform the changes to fixtures and stock and continue.

Mach confused me with its preparatory moves and the code pointer jumping around in code window. Not bad after you get use to it but confusing at first.
    yea the FIND function was huge for me as well... and I use it mainly for jumping to a tool change, where my start lines are. The bigger machines (like Haas/Okuma) have a similar FIND function but it will look at each line of code leading up to your search text, and turn on the spindle, change work offsets, coolant, and whatever else is modal. PP just jumps to the line and disregards the code leading up to it, which I find a little scary when re-starting.

I'm not going to complain about this issue anymore. The workaround is easy enough:
    -add force manual tool change in your code wherever you want to pause and do workholding mods
    -separate into multiple files at every tool change that requires new Z offset (for companion spindles)

Downsides are minimal, just requires some preplanning.

Quote Originally Posted by GJeff View Post
    I'm not going to complain about this issue anymore. The workaround is easy enough:
    -add force manual tool change in your code wherever you want to pause and do workholding mods
    -separate into multiple files at every tool change that requires new Z offset (for companion spindles)

Downsides are minimal, just requires some preplanning.
    No one is above making a mistake ,wonder how I know??

I have a high regard for PP even with the quirks that I think will be worked out eventually, I can go eat dinner take out the trash etc, and never a worry that it will make a misstep!!

The only head drop now is when the power goes off!
    mike sr

Page 2 of 2 12