Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
I probably should of waited to post with manual but I did post that it needs to be in hexadecimal with 2 bytes per field. I know your happy with the UCCNC plugin you expressed that several times in my other thread. . Great thing about CNCZONE is there are many choices and opinions. I do remember seeing many post/debates on different ways macros should be written, you all had some experience in programing. Just trying to provide a simpler solution for other users with no experience writing macros.

For anyone else with a Bosch VFD use settings below.

Attachment 353966 Bosch Rexroth EFC5610

*********Make sure you have the MODBUSEZ1.zip*********

5. VFD address in VFD settings need to be "1"
I think what you are doing is great (which I though was clear and which is why I did the test) and I am a bit surprised about that deleted sentence, which I have seen before the edit... but never mind.

I will test it once again, it's not very obvious that part of the data must be in hex, though I should have thought about trying out that as well.

Yes, simpler solution than the built in plugin is good because neither Mach3 or UCCNC are very clear about how a Modbus VFD should be handled and even if I like the great flexibility, especially the UCCNC Modbus plugin offers (but even Mach3 brains) it is not very easy for everyone to handle that. This is where your plugin fills a gap, it provides a simple interface for basic controls, which is very good and needed. I can clearly see that, even though you don't seem to understand or believe it.

I have realized both during the HY plugin development phase and see it even here that you don't appreciate my comments and proposals, though at least afterwards, I noticed that you implemented several of them... I guess you realize after some thinking that my proposals are relevant or well considered and meant. So, here are some more:

- Add an Exit button. While the X works, it is not a very nice way of exiting from a window or a software, a bit unclear if changes are saved or undone when you push X. I know even UCCNC has it this way, but never the less, it is not nice and is very much non-standard.
- If you want to avoid writing a manual you could add text to the window. There is plenty space for the simple instructions needed and if you did that you would not need to write a manual.

Take it on board, or ignore, it's your choice but note that all comments are made with positive feelings from my side. One reason I am not interested is not that I don't see the benefits, but the old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." which is my case with the built in Modbus plugin. It works, so why change it. If this was available when I bought my UCCNC I would have probably used it but now it is different.