Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
Georgie,

OK, here is what is wrong.

When you original reference the A axis that sets the zero degree mark for that axis, which is fine. You would need to add a button if you wanted that as a button option.

You have your distance mode set to absolute for the A axis. That means it only accepts absolute moves. You have the axis set to 360 rollover.

When you issue the command G0 A45 it goes to 45 degree absolute. When you issue G0 A45 again it does not move. Why? Because you are at 45 degree absolute already.
When you issue the command G0 A90 it moves another 45 degrees because you are at 45 degrees absolute and to get to 90 degrees absolute it needs to move 45 more degree, this is all working correctly.

In incremental mode when you issue the command G0 A45 it will always advance another 45 degrees with each of these commands

I will look at your macro again but you probably want to keep things in Absolute mode because then you don't have to keep track of where you are and do math to calculate what you must do to get to the next position.

Hang in there I will examine your code again, after my meetings this afternoon.

Russ
Many thanks Russ,

It looks like we've cracked it,

I now have the turret rotating correctly, just a wee bit of fine tuning to do.

Many thanks for your help.

George