588,690 active members*
5,755 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > I've Requested a Trial Download of V29

Hybrid View

Re: I've Requested a Trial Download of V29

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I was fobbed off to the UK vendors who didn't understand "Trial" and gave me a link to the "Demo", yeah, I can't find the Demo guys, it's not like it's plastered all over BCC's site or anything! :-(

- Nick
    Hi Nick

Trial = Demo = Trial, one and the same thing, when the Demo (I`ll stick with that name) is downloaded it is normally FULLY FUNCTIONAL for the first 5 days, during that time you can use any/all of the software and even generate G code, after that time the software is still FULLY FUNCTIONAL except for the ability to generate G code, it will still open all BobCAD files up to and including the version and build that has been downloaded but you can`t save files out that can be opened with a licensed version.

Don`t know where you are looking but the download link is on the BOBCAD website home page, there is also a tab to click that is labeled "Free Demo", see image below

Attachment 356602

FYI Went to V29 from V28, wasn`t impressed so I am currently back on V28, if you are going from V25 to V29 then that will be a very big improvement over what you have, pity you can`t go to V28, it is less "buggy" and more stable, on my hardware here anyway

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Trial = Demo = Trial, one and the same thing, :
    Rob,
    I quote here from BCC UK email to me -

"I have read from your notes that you would like to download the V29 software so I have attached the link below. The demo software is fully unlocked which means that you’ll have the full use of the 2.5D, 3-Axis Standard, 3-Axis Pro and right the way through to 5-Axis Pro, Mill-Turn and just about every other module going.
    With that said, BobCAD have restricted the ability to post process any code generated from the demo version due to historic reasons."

I am interested in seeing the improved paths working before making a decision, there's no way I'd buy without seeing end-to-end function right through to the paths actually cutting parts and have replied stating this but UK support are obviously not in a position to help as I've not had a timely response as was always the case with USA based support, I'm forming the opinion that if I do decide to go with V29 I'll want to deal with the Organ Grinder and not The Monkey! ;-)
    Regards,
    Nick

Deal with the organ grinders, they are very easy people to deal with, no more pushy than any sales people, once you are dealing with the tech guys they are great.

Drive a hard bargin and then take some paid for support, it is well worth it.

Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Rob,
    I quote here from BCC UK email to me -

"I have read from your notes that you would like to download the V29 software so I have attached the link below. The demo software is fully unlocked which means that you’ll have the full use of the 2.5D, 3-Axis Standard, 3-Axis Pro and right the way through to 5-Axis Pro, Mill-Turn and just about every other module going.
    With that said, BobCAD have restricted the ability to post process any code generated from the demo version due to historic reasons."

I am interested in seeing the improved paths working before making a decision, there's no way I'd buy without seeing end-to-end function right through to the paths actually cutting parts and have replied stating this but UK support are obviously not in a position to help as I've not had a timely response as was always the case with USA based support, I'm forming the opinion that if I do decide to go with V29 I'll want to deal with the Organ Grinder and not The Monkey! ;-)
    Regards,
    Nick
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V29 Mill 3 axis Pro, Geomagic Design, Bricscad V16 and MOI V3