587,772 active members*
3,208 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Mach 3 Kernel Speed Setting and motor tuning

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    See if you can change from ACPI to Standard PC in the bios. Newer PC's tend to have a lot of settings that can interfere with Mach3. It's almost impossible to know exactly what the problem is. See if you can find the old XP Optimization guide.
    Also, this thread may have some info:
    Getting up and running in Vista
    How to change from ACPI to Standard PC in the bios... !! This new bios is totally new for me (gigabyte F20 Bios) !!! I also can't find the EPP/ECP*parallel Mode in this version of bios

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by assadi View Post
    How to change from ACPI to Standard PC in the bios... !! This new bios is totally new for me (gigabyte F20 Bios) !!! I also can't find the EPP/ECP*parallel Mode in this version of bios

RTFM... sorry but unless you are lucky enough to find somebody here who can spoon feed you that is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    RTFM... sorry but unless you are lucky enough to find somebody here who can spoon feed you that is the best way to go.
    believe it or not before asking i tried to read the manual but nothing ... Help can also be link/video.... Not just spoon feed

Quote Originally Posted by assadi View Post
    believe it or not before asking i tried to read the manual but nothing ... Help can also be link/video.... Not just spoon feed

http://www.gigabyte.se/Motherboard/G...DDR3-rev-10#ov

I checked the manual and it is pretty clear to me. Have you updated the BIOS and the chipset utilities? Download and update. Also, the card does not have a printer port, so maybe your printer ports are faulty... only you can find that out, or ask for support from the supplier, or find a PC support discussion forum if you suspect that the PC is wrong. Mach3 works excellent even with W10 64-bit. Of course, parallel port is no longer supported, but that's a dinosaur anyway. Really, I can't understand why at all use it. There are so many USB and ethernet motion controllers out there, buy a cheap UC100USB and you'll never look back. That is the easiest solution. If you still have problems after that then at least you'll know it is NOT the parallel port.