Thanks NIC for the help.

Here is a picture off the current design base and column are still "subject to change".

The weight of the table will be 50Kg think that there will be a max of 100kg on the table so for the X axis there will be 150Kg load.
For the Y axis there will be 260kg load when there is 100Kg on the table.

The x axis spindle is a 2005 and is 850mm long
Y axis spindle will also be 2005 and is around 500mm long

Here are the specs of the closed loop stepper i want to use right now:
http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/Down/ES-Md_V1.3.pdf I will use model ES-M23480

Will supply them with 72v and the controllers on current machine are set to a micro step of 1600.

I was also looking into these kind of servo's DMM | NEW DYN2 AC Servo Drive | AC SERVO DRIVE | AC SERVO MOTOR | ROTARY ENCODER and then the nema34 equivalent. So a 0.75Kw version.

For the spindle power i not yet decided, I am looking for a big servo motor because i need an indexer to led the spindel stop every time on the same spot because of the tool changer.
Thinking somewhere around 3Kw will be fine. Right now i have a 1.1KW motor with a 2:1 acceleration on it to a chief 6000rpm with a 3000rpm ac motor. And for aluminium i have enough power.

I don't have the idea of cutting steels with this new machine. I normally only work with alloy but if possible it will be a nice feature.
Right now i a chief speeds of 4000mm/m with nema24's 3nm and 1605 spindles faster would be nice but have no idea how fast it needs to be.

sorry for the messy answer but i hope you right now have a feeling of what i am planning of.

stef