588,063 active members*
5,354 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: C69 PWM Board and UCCNC

Is the relay on the C69 working when you try to start the spindle? You'll be able to here it click?

In UCCNC, on the Diagnostics page, does the Spindle CW LED light up? It doesn't sound like it?
    If you set the M3 port and pins, and check the box, the relay should work. If the Spindle CW LED is lit up, then you must have something wired wrong.

You need to post a diagram of how you wired it, or explain exactly how everything is wired.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Is the relay on the C69 working when you try to start the spindle? You'll be able to here it click?

In UCCNC, on the Diagnostics page, does the Spindle CW LED light up? It doesn't sound like it?
    If you set the M3 port and pins, and check the box, the relay should work. If the Spindle CW LED is lit up, then you must have something wired wrong.

You need to post a diagram of how you wired it, or explain exactly how everything is wired.
    The relays aren't turning on. The led in UCCNC diagnostic light up though, both for direction and pwm (it flickers when not set to full speed, I believe this is how it gets the board to vary voltage)

I've attached pics of the board and VFD. I've followed the wiring diagrams in the manual. I can draw up a diagram too if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I advice you to measure the signals with unplugging the DSUB25 connector from the BOB.
    Measure the pin voltage between the pin and the ground which is the 18. to 25. pins.

The start (M3) pin you should see a solid 0 or 5Volts as the on/off states.
    The analog signal it should be a PWM so you should see an avarage voltage on a multimeter.
    Try to change the spindle speed with the M command and the measured voltage should go up and down proportionally.

If the signals are not there then you will know it is UCCNC config problem.
    If these signals are there then the UCCNC producing the signals properly and in this case you can go on with your measurement with measuring the signals on your BOB and on the VFD.

I think it is possible that the signals are inverted on the BOB which can be a problem.
    And it should be also noted that the VFDs mostly work with inverted logic. for example the start signal has to be low to switch the spindle on which can be another cause why your spindle not starting.

A measurement as mentioned above could clear things.