587,319 active members*
3,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Searching for small desktop laser engraver/cutter

I'm looking for a small engraver/cutter to make Christmas ornaments. It needs to be small to fit in my small retail store, and only needs to cut/engrave 3mm baltic birch plywood. I have a machine from Rabbit Laser, and have always been thrilled with their service, but their machines are all too large. Can anyone recommend a reliable company, (with good customer service, etc) that carries a small cutter/engraver?

Thanks!

Re: Searching for small desktop laser engraver/cutter

Quote Originally Posted by MadTom View Post
    I'm looking for a small engraver/cutter to make Christmas ornaments. It needs to be small to fit in my small retail store, and only needs to cut/engrave 3mm baltic birch plywood. I have a machine from Rabbit Laser, and have always been thrilled with their service, but their machines are all too large. Can anyone recommend a reliable company, (with good customer service, etc) that carries a small cutter/engraver?

Thanks!
    lightobject.com
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    lightobject.com
    I like full spectrum laser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks!
    Epilog.....best customer service. Also built in the US.

Dear Sir,

Maybe you can consider our mini fiber laser engraving/cutting machine of 300*500 mm, Laser engraving machine,laser cutter,CNC routers for sale-Morn laser or directly contact me by [email protected]

and samples from our US customer (you can talk with him for our laser machine):

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Thanks!
    I was just looking at the $200 5.5w lasers on Ebay, and they won't cut anything thicker than cereal box thickness. The next step up is the 40w CO2 lasers going for around $450, and they have about a 3.5 x 2' footprint. Would that fit? Tech support for those is pretty much nil. The next step up from there is the 40-60w CO2 lasers from American resellers at $1200-2000. They should have tech support. Check Ebay and Amazon to ask questions to the vendors.Someone suggested Epilog, but I think their pricing starts at $7k and goes way, way up from there. Tech support from them is excellent, I hear. A friend had a 30w Epilog and said he paid about $30,000 in the 1990s. He kept it busy and found that the local vineyards had a big appetite for custom printed wine case boxes and gift boxes for single bottles of wine. He started with lasercut wooden business cards.

Hi, i'd like to share Thunderlaser to you.
    you can watch the website to know more, maybe there is a surprise.

Desktop Laser System - Thunder Laser

I have purchased 3 of the 50w co2 laser from eBay. They run $1300-1500. I cut thin plywood and paper. I also purchased a 3rd axis to engrave yeti cups. Make sure it has RD works software. This is a stand alone machine with cat5 and USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, it's not the machine that's the capacity to cut problem it's the laser power itself and that is a replaceable item.

Those cheap CNC machines on EBAY that go for $200 to $300 can come without the laser packet and can be refitted with a more powerful laser burner as it doesn't affect the fitting to the machine itself at all.

A 3020 CNC router is quite small and will do all the cutting you want........ with a laser head it will be well under a grand........ for simple 2D shapes you can write your own programs in G code.

Working with lasers, especially if the power is on the up side, is a tricky and dangerous business so don't mess with one DIY before learning the basics.
    Ian.