587,112 active members*
3,777 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: PathPilot 2.x and PathPilot Simulator

Thanks. I found the 12.04 restriction after asking here. They do say that earlier versions will work but with unspecified "restrictions". It seems best to just install VirtualBox also. Actually Hyper-V is free and runs on Win7 desktop and later. I'm interested because I use it for running other stuff in a virtual machine.

Next dumb question: How do I get an ISO of the latest version of PP? I installed from the original DVD two years ago and have just done updates so no recent DVD here.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Next dumb question: How do I get an ISO of the latest version of PP?
    The only way to create an ISO is from the Tormach PP CD. I don’t know what version they are shipping now. Could be an older version and you just update it to the latest.

My CD is version 1.9.3 and I made a ISO from it using a product called WinImage. Since Tormach uses a product called R-Drive Image to distribute PP, there is no easy way to edit the ISO image to incorporate any updates. You just have to install it, from the CD or an ISO copy of it, and then apply the updates after the installation.

This is not really a problem as I describe in the above posts. It just means that if PP complains about the MESA hardware not present there are a few extra steps to get it going in VB.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Thanks. I found the 12.04 restriction after asking here. They do say that earlier versions will work but with unspecified "restrictions". It seems best to just install VirtualBox also. Actually Hyper-V is free and runs on Win7 desktop and later. I'm interested because I use it for running other stuff in a virtual machine.

Next dumb question: How do I get an ISO of the latest version of PP? I installed from the original DVD two years ago and have just done updates so no recent DVD here.
    I don't remember the version number, but I just got a PP upgrade kit a few weeks ago and it was three or four versions old.