587,872 active members*
3,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

Congrats on your choice- with your level of experience there won't be any big surprises for you and you can get right down to work. I was just in Hannover last month for the EMO show, and Haas had a decent display, but nothing compared to Mori- who took up an entire building. No Tormach or Skyfire to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    Congrats on your choice- with your level of experience there won't be any big surprises for you and you can get right down to work. I was just in Hannover last month for the EMO show, and Haas had a decent display, but nothing compared to Mori- who took up an entire building. No Tormach or Skyfire to be seen.
    Saw some vids of that show... building after building of machines... must have been crazy just getting around.

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    Saw some vids of that show... building after building of machines... must have been crazy just getting around.
    Yes, It's the biggest show and a huge venue. Well organized with buses to take you from building to building- a lifesaver for my old knees that logged 10 miles in 8 hours. Mori was amazing- they even had little info kiosks set up at the airport, train station and subway. I embarrassed myself about halfway through the day when I went into a coffee shop to rest and get a cold drink. I ordered from the girl at the bar and when she brought the drink I asked how much and she gave me a funny look- Turned out it wasn't a coffee shop at all, but a "refreshment center" for Mori people and clients. The girl gave me my drink and refused any payment.