and finally i cant stress enough, buy good material. the fastest way to crash a swiss is too have a guide bushinglockup and a main slip and all the sudden your part is 1/2" longer and your .040 clearance move is now inside the part

Yep, I managed to do exactly this...LOL. Fortunately I was at the machine when it happened, and hit cycle "stop" before a crash happened! There was a .001" difference from one bar to another. I now mic each bar, and adjust the bushing accordingly. I've been running 360 brass. Each 12' bar has been within tenths, but from bar to bar the diameter definitely varies. I normally get my material from Alro, but they don't offer 360 brass that has been centerless ground. Copper & Brass sales does, so I will be getting my next batch of brass from them.

Thanks for the advice!

It has been a definite learning curve setting up and programming this machine. I've been programming mills since the eighties, but never a Swiss. I still don't have the G&M codes to program the live tool turret. The manual is on the way.