587,925 active members*
3,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Computer Technology > Computers / Desktops / Networking > Bought a laptop to run cnc , now hear it’s a bad choice :(

Hybrid View

Re: Bought a laptop to run cnc , now hear it’s a bad choice :(

Thank you for the replies all . My first thought was as stated , disable anything not required to reduce hogging resources unnecessarily., and make sure it doesn’t time out etc.
    I haven’t looked at this for a while , but I believe the motion controller I was looking at used a network connection, but would have to check .
    This is the motion control board I was considering, but does it work with UCCNC ?

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...rd-for-mach-3/

Re: Bought a laptop to run cnc , now hear it’s a bad choice :(

Quote Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Thank you for the replies all . My first thought was as stated , disable anything not required to reduce hogging resources unnecessarily., and make sure it doesn’t time out etc.
    I haven’t looked at this for a while , but I believe the motion controller I was looking at used a network connection, but would have to check .
    This is the motion control board I was considering, but does it work with UCCNC ?

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...rd-for-mach-3/
    That's a Smooth Stepper, it will not work with UCCNC. UCCNC works only with motion controllers made by CNC Drive. Also, what would be the reason for buying a more expensive card than you have to? Get a UC300ETH and you are fine.