I've been catching up on this thread for a couple months (reading a couple pages a day in down time.)
First, glad to hear you are healing well, I got whacked on my bike last year, not as bad as you, but it's no fun. Fortunately for me my only lasting injuries are irritation due to the scar and plate on my collarbone and some rather annoying back pain.
I assume you're going after the driver/insurance legally? Good luck with that, some parts of that can be as painful and as drawn out as the healing of the injuries. (I've got no idea when I'll see any money and I'm 15 months in..)

Second, amazing work all around. Beautiful attention to details as well as building a well-balanced machine. Surface finish you're getting out of big red shows it's designed and built well. Nice work on the signs as well.

Third, on your spindle life, I guess 1400 hrs is probably pretty good for one of those Chinese spindles with questionable bearing quality, but do you do any warm-up routine on the spindle before starting cutting for the day? I've heard of a good warm up routing at least doubling bearing life for some high speed spindles (I've heard this mostly relating to bigger, brand-name spindles, but I'd think it would apply to these as well.)

Hope your healing process continues to go well and can't wait to see what you'll throw together for a mid-sized machine!