Please tell me if I need to start a new thread for this, but it's related so maybe there will be some common interest. I'm helping a friend get his new FLA Saturn 2 up and running with CNCRP NEMA 34 P&P setup, running Mach3. The final parts should be here Monday to connect the motors to the R&P drives. I bought the 2010 screenset and will install it once we've tweaked everything and know that the router is functioning the way we want.

My question is this - since 2010 supports both a single touch-off and a secondary, has anyone modified it to use the second touch-off for a maximum depth setting? I've had this feature on other machines and it is worth its weight in gold. Take the first reading from the top surface and the second from the spoilboard. The second setting, Max depth, limits the depth of cut to that reading regardless of what the program tells it to do. As a bonus, the Max depth can be adjusted either up or down in .001" increments for cutting down to, but not through the backing material on acrylic, etc.

If 2010 or Mach3 does not have the capability, does anyone know of a system that would work with CNCRP?