Quote Originally Posted by bhurts View Post
I would leave the electronics alone for now and look at the machines mechanical components instead. Check everything for good lubrication. Unhook your motors and turn the screws by hand thru the travels. Check all pulley setscrews. Check your bearings for end play and adjust or replace as needed. If you perform your measurements tests by hand do the problems still exist?

Ben

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Ben,

Yeah, I think the electronics are OK. Anything/everything I've checked seems to be normal and nothing about electronics explains the strange behavior I'm seeing.

Everything that I can get at without pulling the table seems just fine. Pulleys, belts, X-axis screw turns freely. I can't turn Y manually as there is nothing to to turn.
Unless or until I can get someone to help I'm pretty well stopped out on this. I can't get the table off unassisted and the X Motor will have to be removed to get the table off the end of the screw and the rails due to the enclosure.

I have often wondered about the long time frames of the CNC projects that people talk about on the forum and now I'm beginning to see why nothing gets done quickly. ;-(

I'm not sure exactly what you mean "by hand"?