Unfortunately all of my spare cash flow right now goes into home repair. I had to put off somethings that i really shouldn't have thus im expecting to be cash poor for at least two more years. So the only guns i will have are the ones i already own.

As for air rifles yeah they have come a very long ways of late. Certainly not the toys of childhood anymore.

About the only "hunting" i do anymore is for pest control. My parents sold off the house in the country years ago, sadly just before my fathers death. I do miss that place as it was twelve acres in the middle of farm country. More so one large garage filled with tools to keep a kid occupied on his latest "invention". My interest in machines started very early in life to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
No arguments from me about protecting my hearing. I have seen what machine noise did to my farther' hearing after working in factories for years. It's one of the reasons why sound-proofing is a priority. I think it is better than relying on wearing ear muffs all day. It's also more considerate to others who are close by.

BTW, if you like target shooting at home (like me) and you have sensitive hearing (also like me) then I highly recommend trying a quality PCP air rifle if you haven't already. Most of them have built in baffles these days so they are quiet enough to shoot without hearing protection. My Taipan Mutant (my main hunting rifle) is so quiet that my neighbor can't hear it even when he's in his garden. It will put 10 shots inside 1/2" at 50 yards too. Awesome for small game hunting.