I hope to very soon get my hands on an Acorn as well, which I will first install on the Pulsar. If it works as well as I expect, I will get another for the Torus Pro. I think the conversion will be straight-forward. For testing, I will leave all the existing wiring in place, take an old BOB, and remove all the chips, etc. leaving only the connectors I'll then solder on wires to run from the connector on the no-longer-a-BOB to the Acorn. Once the Acorn is proven, it will be a simple matter to do a PCB to take the place of the no-longer-a-BOB to clean up the interfacing.

I've already figured out how to interface my ATC to the Acorn. In fact, I can use the same proprietary 4-wire interface I've been using with the KFlop on the Torus Pro! I've also figured out how to interface a custom pendant, and even a full machine control panel, and MPG to the Acorn.

It's a remarkably flexible device. I'll start on the conversion as soon as I can get my hands on the Acorn, and should have it fully functional, including rigid tapping, in about a day!

Regards,
Ray L.