587,619 active members*
3,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    And you've never seen or touched a SKYFIRE product either but know all about one.....LOL........Defeng will be most amused that his "ridiculous" products are so sought after..
    Answer the question Ian whats the max size tool that can go into a ER 32 collet on a ISO20 on a cnc machine
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    Answer the question Ian whats the max size tool that can go into a ER 32 collet on a ISO20 on a cnc machine
    There was no question asked.........as everyone and his dog knows, the max tool diam you can get into an ER32 collet is 19mm.........it doesn't mean you need to go attempting to hog massive amounts of material off with it.......that is dependent on the power of your machine, but facing with a large diam cutter is more practical than a small one as you don't get tool deflection.

I work with various diam fly cutters too so the large shank is the way to go.

I also have a few ER16 collet chucks with a19mm diam plain shank.........this allows me to hold it in the ER32 chuck for small drills from 1mm up to 10mm which would be overshadowed by the ER32 collet nut diam when close to the job.......much cheaper and more compact than a keyless drill chuck, and they run dead true.

BTW.....the big end of an ISO20 shank is about 25mm.....do you think you could bend that on a cut?......get real,

Having the ISO20 shank on that small machine means I get a power draw bar capability for interchangeable tooling......... it has a 1 HP brushless motor powering it up to 7,500 rpm.
    Ian.