587,103 active members*
4,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ. Wire design 3d

Need 3d wire design done from image, able to open in MC so 5 axis cam work can be done. 60" wide, 50" high, 168" long, all measurements are rough. Image is shot on all sides so you have a visual reference. I will be changing somethings from the photos. I have attached a jpeg for reference.

Thank You
    Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UAV.jpg  

Something along the Line of this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UAV1.jpg  
    Dave Schell, SeaSchell Tackle Machining/Mfg./Design [email protected] 619 562-1835

Yes, but my main concern is from back of cabin door to back of cabin door across for shoulder room should be 60" and let the rest fall into place. I have plenty of photos to illustrate

Why wire design? This looks like a fun project for Solidworks. By MC do you mean Mastercam? What types of files will it handle? I'm sure Solidworks can produce whatevery you need.

--Colin--

Yes Mastercam, you can do it in Solids because I would convert it to solid in MC anyways. Fun project is exactly what it is.

Tony

It looks like a full size heli in the photo. What is it? Are you planning to build an RC model of it? Do you have some basic dimensions to go by along with the photos?

--Colin--

It is full size rough dim. in first post. As stated there are some changes I will make from the photos such as the tail rotor, a more simpilar design. It is a personal project that I'm going to build. Have the engine, main rotor trans, and tail rotor gearbox done. Still have to do the rotorblades though.

Thanks for the interest
    Tony

Why would you not scan the heli using a laser system that would give you your wireframe design. Faro systems can do this. If you need more info let me know.

Stef

Unfortunately I don't have the Heli, this is a personal project. I like the looks of that heli but there are somethings I wish to change and make my own. If that makes sense.

Tony

Wow I have never seen such poor response for an RFQ!

You can't expect a good turnout unless you are more detailed in what you want.

How detailed must the model be?
    Is this a general design or a blueprint to build a real helicopter?
    What is your budget?
    A model of this type could be fairly time consuming depending upon the detail and accuracy required.

I am a senior Mech. Eng. student and am proficient in solidworks. I would be willing to help you out if it would not be terribly time consuming.

Matt

Sometimes you can find what you need here.
    If not try contacting one of the authors. They might be able to work off of something they already have. HTH

Turbo Squid