Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
Hey Scott;
I saw your post where you mentioned that you are using the shina tool setter. Would it be possible to give me the wiring details on that device? I currently have a drawbar setup very similar to the Novakon design which uses the 2 wire normally open contact interface for the probe. I see that the Shina has a 24 volt power requirement recommended in their chingrese instructions and other features (overtravel) that seem useful.
Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks.
Bill
I am using the Torus Pro auto draw bar which has a 3.5mm female on the console to plug in the tool setter. Not sure where its wires terminate on the BoB if you do not have this same drawbar.

The 3.5mm female uses 5V to detect the switch, the device calls for 24v to trip the IR led but the 5V available on the female jack is working fine. I hooked this to the led wires, and you get a faint glow when the tool setter is depressed. If you look at the schematic for the tool setter you will see that the LED wires are on Grey and Red. The IR switch are on orange and brown. I tied Grey / Orange together and soldered to the "Tip" of a 3.5mm stereo jack. I tied Red / Brown together and connected to the "Sleve".

Scott...