587,518 active members*
3,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > iPad App for PathPilot with custom HAL component - iPendant

Hybrid View

Re: iPad App for PathPilot with custom HAL component - iPendant

If you haven't done so already, you might consider contacting Tormach about this. They would quite probably be interested in incorporating your code into future PP revisions and selling the hardware you have created.

They have done that for other Tormach users (that is where the PDB, ATC, Enclosure, and a few other components came from).
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Re: iPad App for PathPilot with custom HAL component - iPendant

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    If you haven't done so already, you might consider contacting Tormach about this. They would quite probably be interested in incorporating your code into future PP revisions and selling the hardware you have created.

They have done that for other Tormach users (that is where the PDB, ATC, Enclosure, and a few other components came from).

No more hardware; even though my Bluetooth/keyboard receiver board still works with the new version of the iOS App, but cost wise it makes sense to look at App only solutions, making delivery, changes and extra features just a download.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    This is cool, and I always enjoy innovation. Much of my home is controlled by wired, wireless, voice and touch screens. My little windows tablet not only controls my house it even diagnoses and monitors my Jeep. . That said if you watched how I use a pendent like a Tormach puck with variable tactile feed back you would see that this type of input is imho mandatory. I use to operate cranes and much like video games your eye hand skills go up. I can jog a 450$ Hamier probe at disturbing speeds and often land exactly or near zero when I stop. And my speed and skill only gets faster as my hours on the machine go up that day or week. Still I'm all for a glass cockpit but throw a little joy stick on the side for us fly boys or I we will crash.
    YES I know the feeling. Before I increased the size of the Jogging buttons on this version, i designed the controls so I can use one of these $5 iPad joysticks. That was fun!! my wife keeps thinking i am playing games!