Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
This is an old post but I'm having similar issue. My machine is an Okuma Cadet Mate with OSP700M. I have successfully been able to punch and read files sent through RS232 via the port labeled CH0. My machine has three 25 pin ports on the back cabinet labeled the following: CH0:, DNC, CH1:
My issue is that the machine only has 32kb of memory and I need to dripfeed. I moved my cable from the CH0 port to the one labeled DNC. The cable is configured to the specs Morris South sent me, as they are my local Okuma Rep. It also matches the cable diagrams from my manual. With the machine powered off, I flip up both switches on the back (communication and DNC Buffer) and turn on the cabinet breaker and control. I have configured the CMPS menu to what they have told me to, and cycled the power for that as well. When I go to "auto" mode and press cycle start it gives me an Alarm 3218. I have been trying to find out what/if there are other parameters that need to be adjusted or turned on to make this work. Everyone says my CMPS setting should be all I need to adjust. And according to Morris South my machine is indeed fitted with the DNC B. So my question really is, is there other parameters that effect DNCB here that could cause this alarm. It throws the alarm every time the cycle start is pressed. At a loss. Been working on this for weeks off and on.
I've been trying to figure out this exact issue for years, on and off. Somebody out there must know what the problem is, but I have not met that person either on the internet or personally. I can send files back and forth flawlessly but as soon as I turn on the buffer operation switch it all goes to hell.