587,584 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: No Ethernet Connection Detected

Just unboxed my controller connected cables, booted, updated firmware, rebooted and was up and running in 5 minutes. It fixed my latency problem with large programs and I am very happy. That was my first test because I almost crashed a probe last week and this solved that with little drama.
    Hope you get your working or have them send another unit!

Just downloaded update, will get that installed and then copy backup of tool table and I should be up with the rest of the world now.
    like others have mentioned they ship now with sdd. If it had a spinner hdd I would be replacing it with a ssd as we speak.

Re: No Ethernet Connection Detected

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I mostly work at night and weekends so tech support is always days away. Never needed it in 4 years of running my mill. Only Sprutcam
    As for the controller I could assemble one blind folded for 60% of their price. I only purchased one for the support and to support the product line. Let you know Monday night if my unit is faulty! Mostly happy to retire the 20 year old Pentium based Dell I was using. It had a serious latency problem with large programs!
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Just unboxed my controller connected cables, booted, updated firmware, rebooted and was up and running in 5 minutes. It fixed my latency problem with large programs and I am very happy. That was my first test because I almost crashed a probe last week and this solved that with little drama.
    Hope you get your working or have them send another unit!

Just downloaded update, will get that installed and then copy backup of tool table and I should be up with the rest of the world now.
    like others have mentioned they ship now with sdd. If it had a spinner hdd I would be replacing it with a ssd as we speak.
    Took another 5 minutes to update and to restore all my tool offsets
    Kind of spooky running the first time, just hard for me to trust I did it right. But it was easy straight forward, well documented process.
    Made a few parts and now I will let it set on for 24+ hours if no failures I expect to have no problems for another 20 years
    I would like point out I use real power conditioning ups power supplies for all my computers and they all run on dedicated clean circuits. Only the best for my tools

btw I have huge files now because I no longer use any canned cycles!

And the mouse that come with this is the biggest ugliest thing I ever seen lol