587,112 active members*
3,680 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 4 1234
    I live in Fort Mill, SC about 1 hour from Hickory, just up 321. I am in and around CLT and Gast every day. I am looking for someone who is more advanced than me to let me pick their brain. By more advanced, i mean anybody who knows anything about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanrabb
    I live in Fort Mill, SC about 1 hour from Hickory, just up 321. I am in and around CLT and Gast every day. I am looking for someone who is more advanced than me to let me pick their brain. By more advanced, i mean anybody who knows anything about anything.
    why not post any question you have here?

that would be too easy. I'd like to find someone with a home shop and would be willing to help me fab some parts for not a lot of money. I'd pay reasonable rates, afterall nothing worthwile is rarely ever free

You may have a local Vo-tech. that may have a night class. This is a great way to get the help you are looking for.

Rob,
    I lived in Hickory for 40 years before moving to Seattle recently.I just joined the CNC site today and was surprised to see this post from "back home".
    Alan

i am from lincolnton!just getting into benchtop cnc machines.

Hi Guys,
    Still here. Just about finished with my busy season with the foundry. Did Hiddenite, Murrays Mill and then Hart Square. In between made patterns and signs on my CNC. I actually did some work in there. I am up for a bbq. We could meet at a restaraunt or somebody's house. Have some fun and share some knowledge. Lets do it soon.
    Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Conover is mile or two nearby.

Hi jbrent,
    Is that where you located?
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Robbie,
    Yes, that is home, I do my thing from a home workshop since retirement and disability came along.

Hey Guys;
    I live in sparkleburg (Spartanburg) or just outside in the Lake Bowen area. Question for everyone close to home. Where do you get your raw materials? Is there a surplus (junk) yard in the area which will let you pilfer through their products (junk). I love playing with my cnc lathemaster but the cost of materials from metal express has me shut down most of the time!!!! The only saving grace is ebay but somewhere close would be great.
    Have a great day!
    Bill
    :cheers:
    PS. Bought some great furniture in Hickory. Ex is still enjoying it!
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Hey Guys;
    I live in sparkleburg (Spartanburg) or just outside in the Lake Bowen area. Question for everyone close to home. Where do you get your raw materials? Is there a surplus (junk) yard in the area which will let you pilfer through their products (junk). I love playing with my cnc lathemaster but the cost of materials from metal express has me shut down most of the time!!!! The only saving grace is ebay but somewhere close would be great.
    Have a great day!
    Bill
    :cheers:
    PS. Bought some great furniture in Hickory. Ex is still enjoying it!
    Hey, I work in Spartanburg. Good to see someone from the same area!

Hi Bill
    We have Mountain Recycling here in Hickory, to which I am a well known, frequent visitor, like a kid in a candy store. You may wander, select, cut or have cut your chosen treasures, weigh, pay and go. I buy a lot of my steel and aluminum there. Come pay us a visit.
    jbrent

From Monroe, NC just outside of Charlotte.

Thanks Guys;
    Hey Switcher, nice to know someone is close if I get into real trouble with a "project". CNC is just a hobby for me but I'm learning!!!!!
    Jbrent, thanks for the invite. I'll have to clean out the ole truck and pay you guys a visit. Need some Holiday Supplies!!!!
    Have a good un!
    Bill
    :wave:
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Workaholic

Bill
    I installed a 2000 watt inverter in my truck so if the crans are busy I just find my own, cut it and checkout. This expidites material pickup and you get exactly what you want, not worthless end scrap. See you at the scrap pile.
    jbrent

I live in Morganton. I am new to CNC and I just purchased a CNC machine recently. I haven't even set it up yet. I look forward to learning from reading these forums and maybe learning from someone in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesideentp View Post
    I live in Morganton. I am new to CNC and I just purchased a CNC machine recently. I haven't even set it up yet. I look forward to learning from reading these forums and maybe learning from someone in the area.
    I live off exit 94 of I-40. I have a Morganton mailing address.

I have a CNC that I built. Photos in link below.

http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/showg...00/ppuser/6778

I would be willing to help out.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by CJL5585 View Post
    I live off exit 94 of I-40. I have a Morganton mailing address.

I have a CNC that I built. Photos in link below.

http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/showg...00/ppuser/6778

I would be willing to help out.

Jerry
    It's a small world. I stay on Hwy. 70 between exit 94 and 96. I have a Romaxx CNC and I'm dying to get it running. I need to find a cheap PC to run it though. I found out I can not run it with my spare laptop. I don't want to use my desktop because I want a dedicated computer for the machine.

Joe

go to the dirt malls on the weekend. AKA flea markets, jockey lots, etc. They usually have some cheap machines there.
    When all is said and done, more is said than done.

Page 2 of 4 1234