587,786 active members*
2,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > BP Series 1 to Mach3 upgrade complete (almost)
Page 5 of 7 34567
    Matt
    Have you tested this way. Also what value of accelration and velocity to keep in motor tunning.

Ahmed

yes this works, my machine has been running this way for months.
    acc. I think I have at 1 right now and the velocity around 60 in/min for x and y and 30 for z.

Matt

Ahmed

From earlier in the thread
    "I use 26.25 mm/s/s for my acceleration, 2010 mm/min for the velocity and 100 steps per mm. This is for a Boss 6.1 a metric machine with a 5mm pitch ball screw so will probably be different to yours."

Chris

Chris

My one is 1000steps = 1inch , 200 step per revolution.

any sujestion.

Ahmed

I'd just start off with something low like 1"/s/s (25.4mm/s/s) and 30"/min (762mm/min) and then try going a little faster till you have problems, the Bridgeport manual says that the machine can rapid at 120"/min (3048mm/min), so I guess this will be your limit.

Mine must have been turned down on the original control for some reason as I did a few timing tests when I first changed on to Mach3 to get the velocity and acceleration the same as it was originally.

I'm going to leave mine turned down as all sounds well and I don't need any higher speed at the moment.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedrehan View Post
    Chris

My one is 1000steps = 1inch , 200 step per revolution.

any sujestion.

Ahmed
    Ahmed

Yours is the same as mine. The numbers I gave you should work fine.

Matt

By testing the output of Mach on Oscope i found the mach is not giving stable pulses there is problem in pulse frequency they very alot and makes the motors noise and unstable. I think my laptop has many programs running i think this is causing problem I will try with seprate PC only running MACH.

Ahmed

there are a lot of posts in the mach forum about this. mach doesn't run well on most laptops, especially the pentium M series of processors. Quicktime processes are also known to screw up mach. Try mach on a desktop with all erroneous programs eliminated and your problem will be solved.

Matt

Ahmed: keep in mind that Mach is taking advantage of what is essentially a printer port to run a CNC machine. Novel use of a computer capability that is not always "real time" as far as the processor is concerned - therein lies the the problem.

Depending on the processing prioritization that the processor gives to the port and/or the various programs running simultaneously, it should NOT be surprising that data is NOT being fed to the 'lowly' (my characterization) printer port in a even, smooth, uninterupted data stream. OOPS.

It is NOT a good idea to let other programs run while Mach is running a machine tool. You never know when/if some other program may take hold of the processor priority to do whatever and your CNC could go "blue screen" or out of control.

Yes, folks run Mach on laptops - in spite of the fact that folks VERY WELL versed in "Machness" have advised against it numerous times previously. It probably should NOT be a surprise if/when laptops and Mach result in bizarre stuff that is semi-unexplainable that is actually QUITE explainable.

The admonition that has been offered previously, namely that the Mach user SHOULD NOT USE A LAPTOP, pertains no matter what....

Hi
    What is the minimum speed of processor required to run Mach, will it work on 500Mhz P3, Has anyone tryied on celiron processor?
    Ahmed

They recomend at least a 1Ghz processor and 256MB of ram, I ran mine on a 550Mhz but started to have trouble when using higher feed rates on 3D stuff, all's been good since I changed to a 1Ghz.

Chris

Thanks but my question will it work ok on intel celiron processor or should i buy Pentium.

Ahmed

Yehaa,

It is working fine with desktop PC neat and clean output signal also no jitter. Thanks to all of you. Now i will try to add spindel speed and coolent and oil control.
    Ahmed

Ahmed

Spot on, glad you've got it sorted.

"Now i will try to add spindel speed and coolent and oil control." I would like to do this to, I recon it's not to hard to sort so that Mach can turn the spindle on, forward or backwards and maybe wire the speed increase and decrease switch into it aswell. Then with a spindle speed input it may be possible for mach to set the speed automatically.

Has anyone wired a spindle speed input to there BOB, I've been looking at it a bit just lately, I guess all I need is a phototransistor, Opto switch, slotted photo switch or whatever you like to call them that will work on 24v dc and read at atleast 100hz oh and a way of mounting single sloted disc to the spindle.

Any idea's wellcome

Cheers

Chris

Chris

I have to check what type of spindel motor is used in series 1 if it is 3 phase induction then we have to put frequency drive a used one is i think arround 150usd if DC motor then we can control by PWM and feed back circuit that i can do on pic microcontroller.

Regards.

Ahmed

It's a 3 phase motor 2hp so a frequency drive would do it.

I fancied trying to change the speed using the original air motor and the vari speed drive, it's should be possible but whether it's worth it is another matter.

Cheers

Chris

anyone have a postprocessor to mastercam 8.1 to a bridgeport wmc 800. i cant mill 3d in my bridgeport. i am from sweden bad english.

E-MAIL [email protected]

THANKS

Stagge: your English is better that that posted by some who's native language is English.

I hope you get a reply.... Sorry but I don't have anything that will help other than encouragement.

Smile

Hello gentleman, Everything is working fairly well after I installed another acc board, and replaced 2 transistors. If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it. How exactully do you set up the x and y limits on the bridgeport boss 6 series 2. My table is 15"x30" I mean the soft stops and Min max limits in the table in mach 3? This is all new to me. Thanks, Pat

Pat,

Glad to hear you have it running! I am not at the machine but setting up the X and Y will be similar to the original control ( since there are no home switches.). There is a spot at the front left of the table that is X=0 Y=0. You jog to this spot then hit REFERENCE ALL. In Mach if a axis does not have a home switch it ZERO's the axis where it is. There is a video tutorial on the Mach site that is very infomitive on this subject.

Darek

Page 5 of 7 34567