587,834 active members*
5,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mfgqoute.com???

Anyone Ever Use Mfgquote.com For Their Marketing ??
    If So... Is It Worth It ???
    Got Any Other Suggestions ??

It's being bashed about here:
    http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ub...ic/15/203.html

(chair) :boxing: :argue: (nuts)

Please do a search. There have been many posts about the subject here.

I Have Read Every Single Post About Mfgquote.com On This Site. It Seems There Are Two Basic Perspectives About It... It's A Scam Or It's Pretty Useful "if You Know How To Use It"...
    I May Be Wrong ( I Was One Time ) , But It Looks Like To Me That Most Of The Comments About It Being A Scam Are Coming From Small "hobby" Shops Who Do Not Have The Time To Quote Enough To Actually Benefit From This...???...
    If I'm Wrong And There Are Some Bigger Companies That Have Had Experiences W/ Mfgquote.com ... Please Tell Me About How It Worked Out For You.
    It Looks Like A Very Good Tool For My Marketing Budget...
    I Am Really Interested In Using This So If Anyone Could Convince Me Not To... Please Do So!!! ( LOTS OF MONEY !!! )
    Thanx

It Is Expensive And I Am A Member , Been So For About 2 Mths . I Have Won A Couple Of Jobs But Nothing To Go Solo On Yet .

I only know what I have experenced from them and that is, they are very hard to get rid of,,,,,,lol,,,,I made an inquiry about their service and spent months trying to get them to stop emailing and calling me. Others on a CNC board I go to told me that most of the winning bids go to China.That was way to much money for us to put out with no way of knowing if we were ever gonna get a bid won or just keep throwing money to the wind.
    I've told others in our industry that it seems to me and easy task for someone with good office skills to start up a company just like Mfg.Quote has except you would only pay them when you won a bid. You could even have it to where the company looking for someone to do there work paid you percintage off the top of what they are going to pay the bit winner to do the work. It all seems kinda simple to me, so I know I'm missing something somewhere, LOL, but it does seem like a great idea to help us get back to being a nation that makes things for ourselves and others instead of being a service type nation. Just my 2 cents,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by j-radkemachine View Post
    It Seems There Are Two Basic Perspectives About It... It's A Scam Or It's Pretty Useful "if You Know How To Use It"...
    I May Be Wrong ( I Was One Time ) , But It Looks Like To Me That Most Of The Comments About It Being A Scam Are Coming From Small "hobby" Shops Who Do Not Have The Time To Quote Enough To Actually Benefit From This...???...
    I don't know what kind of shops other members here run, but I used to own a CNC machine shop, not a hobby shop. Employees, leasing a buliding, machines, the whole nine yards, etc... . Other business aquaintences I personaly know are also real shop owners. A few of them and I at one time have used MFQ.com and point blank, it was a waste of money. Fortunately (?) I signed on before their rates shot up so my loss wasn't so steep.

Right off the bat I wasn't very pleased about the lack of work that I specialized in, contrary to what MFQ's salesman guaranteed me.

I don't consider MFQ's service a scam. In the real world it just doesn't work as advertised for the wider range of shops in the US. There seemed to be mostly nickel and dime screw machine/bar feeder work at the time I used the service and most of the high volume production shops I knew didn't need to look for work. If the quality of available work is better now then it may be worth considering but that is the risk you'll taking. You will have to ask yourself if it is OK to let go of $4000 (or whatever it cost now) if you don't get much or any work.

Anyways, good luck whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by j-radkemachine View Post
    I Have Read Every Single Post About Mfgquote.com On This Site. It Seems There Are Two Basic Perspectives About It... It's A Scam Or It's Pretty Useful "if You Know How To Use It"...
    If I'm Wrong And There Are Some Bigger Companies That Have Had Experiences W/ Mfgquote.com ... Please Tell Me About How It Worked Out For You.
    It Looks Like A Very Good Tool For My Marketing Budget...
    I Am Really Interested In Using This So If Anyone Could Convince Me Not To... Please Do So!!! ( LOTS OF MONEY !!! )
    Thanx
    it runs about $500 a month to use the service for what it's intended for, which I feel is too much, but there is alot of posted work on it.

J-Radke

If you can produce parts in your shop at a high throughput, charge out $20/hr and do not charge for programming, setup or tooling - You will get PLENTY of work from MFG.

Otherwise...
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

DareBee,

I can do this in most cases. I'm just not a salesperson at all, I'm a pretty good machinist but not a good in sales at all. I can't afford to hire a salesperson as I'm not that big of a shop. I am a job shop that has welding, cutting, bending, Two CNC VMC's, One CNC Lathe, and manual mills and lathes also, and the nice thing about all of this is that it's all paid for ! I owe nothing but this months electric bill, the shop is mine and the land it's on is mine. What scares me about MFG. is that about the time I shell out the money for their service something will break in my shop and cost me out the ass to fix with all my capital gone looking for jobs. I now realize maybe I should have financed some things so as to have more available capital but it's too late now. If I had the extra money I'd open a thing like my other post suggested.

I'm still not giving up tho, as quitters never win and winners never quite!

I was a member for 1year. What you can expect now is -
    $7000.00 removed from your account.
    Spending 10 to 20 hours per week quoting.
    Winning small lot and small fee jobs.
    Watch the same jobs being reposted every time they need the parts.
    If your lucky you may land a repeat customer. (This is rarer than you think)
    You can feel proud of being part of a service that is driving prices down throughout the industry.
    They will call and email you daily until you sign up.
    You will build a profile page and they will plaster it throughout the web for you
    You can expect to bid against 30 to 50 quotes per job.
    You can expect to run yur equipment ragged trying to undercut and leaving a smaller margin( Hope you don't break anything)
    Is my opinion jaded? You betcha!! Everyshop that I have met the owners of say the same thing( Tried it for a year then didn't renew due to lack of return) The shortest term of service with MFGQUOTE.com is 1 year.

Thanks For All The Feedback... Everyone Has Pretty Much Confirmed My Speculations Of This Service ( Mfgquote.com ).
    Don't Really Care For A Service That Deals Strictly W/ Price Anyways...
    They Almost Had Me ... Good Thang I Checked W/ You Guys!!!
    Thanks Again...
    Don't Think I'll Need Anymore Opinions On This Subject.