First, this pic is about 75% of the chips and oil that I cleaned out the machine today. There are still chips all in the nooks and crannies and saddle that I still need to clean out. I think the previous owner believed in "If it ain't broke, don't clean it".

Soooo, as I was cleaning out all those chips and oil, the paint started peeling. It wasn't really bad but I am a wee bit concerned. It may be the CimClean 50 concentration that I was using in conjunction with the fact that it's the original paint and wasn't in the best condition to start with. I am really considering taking all the sheet metal off and getting them powder coated. Thoughts?

The left side chip tray is a lot worse than the right. Here is the left side.

Here is a close up of the bubbled up paint on the left side.

Also, some paint came off the top of the tool changer umbrella.

Additionally, I think the CimClean also softened up the sealant between the panels. I didn't feel the sealant before starting to clean the machine so I don't know for sure. Also, not sure what sealant the previous owner put on it. There seems to be some sort of reseal attempt.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the hosing the machine down but how bad do my Z ways look?
Left side:

Right Side:

They don't really feel pitted. They feel like dry skin. I figure using some Evaporust should do the trick. Then maybe using some emory paper and oil to finish it up. What do you guys think?

Last but not least, what are these? I got the machine with the left side way cover removed and these sitting in the left side chip tray.

Thanks for any help that I receive.