588,227 active members*
4,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

Hybrid View

Re: Repaint and Reseal Fadal Enclosure

A medium or fine Índia stone should do fine. I doubt there are any burrs there on the ways. If you aren’t sure after you clean the rust off use a 123 block or parallel and move it along the ways and see if it gets caught if so you have a burr and you will then need a stone. The stone is useful for stoning your table and bottom of your vises aswell.

Also I’m sure your paint was somewhat messed up already but that looks like fresh peeling and bubbling from that cleaner. If I ever move away from QualiChem I’ll remember not to touch that stuff with a ten foot stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    A medium or fine Índia stone should do fine. I doubt there are any burrs there on the ways. If you aren’t sure after you clean the rust off use a 123 block or parallel and move it along the ways and see if it gets caught if so you have a burr and you will then need a stone. The stone is useful for stoning your table and bottom of your vises aswell.

Also I’m sure your paint was somewhat messed up already but that looks like fresh peeling and bubbling from that cleaner. If I ever move away from QualiChem I’ll remember not to touch that stuff with a ten foot stick.
    Oh yea. I have heard of India stones before. Even if the ways dont need stoning, I will probably get on for the machine bed. It def needs some attention, if you couldn't tell by the last picture I posted.

As far as the CimClean goes, I believe if it is indeed the reason for the peeling, it has to do with the extra strong concentration. Using a 2-3% solution would be great for general cleaning.

Oh, did you get your probe set up??

Quote Originally Posted by NismoGT View Post
    Oh yea. I have heard of India stones before. Even if the ways dont need stoning, I will probably get on for the machine bed. It def needs some attention, if you couldn't tell by the last picture I posted.

As far as the CimClean goes, I believe if it is indeed the reason for the peeling, it has to do with the extra strong concentration. Using a 2-3% solution would be great for general cleaning.

Oh, did you get your probe set up??
    Your machine doesn’t look too bad honestly mine was much worse as far as rust and a way worse dinged up table.

I have everything for the probe but I haven’t set it up. I’m still looking for this special conduit and trying to find the same wire they used on the ts27r. I just ordered a tschorn 3d indicator for $210 so that’s probably gonna keep me from installing it for even longer. All said and done I’m in for about $1150 without that conduit or wire yet though.

Look on eBay for the stone you can probably grab one for about ten bucks. The usual places like msc have them too.