587,744 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 28 of 57 18262728293038
    Quote Originally Posted by flazak View Post
    There is no doubt that these lasers CAN work, thats why we need to wait for a real distributor to solve the issues that are getting posted to this and other forums, when thats done they will definitley sell a LOT of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pritchett View Post
    Hi Soapy,
    Thanks for the interest.....I am in China for the next couple of weeks to work with Redsail on the safety issues and CE approval.
    Once this is done we believe we will be selling the best of the Chinese glass tube laser machines available.
    Hopefully we may have found that distributor in the form of Neil from the UK....

Quote Originally Posted by diarmaid View Post
    Hopefully we may have found that distributor in the form of Neil from the UK....
    Seems promising, he has actually gone to China to see them and thats encouraging but there is a long way to go yet.

Ideally a distributor will need to diagnose and fix faults quickly and efficiently, have lots of spares ready for next-day despatch, be able to send someone out if things go majorly wrong and sort the user guide/manual & software out so people with little experience can use them. They also need to make sure the Chinese send them machines that are in working order & built well.

They should go the Shopbot CNC route and get a forum on their website for users like us to post on, it would really take off then. People will need re-assurance after what has gone on before they buy the machines, that will be difficult to overcome.

Yeah, HobbyCNC has their own forum aswell. Thats a great idea. Although it seems Neil hasn't been around in a bit....wonder how he got on in China? Maybe didn't like what he saw and scrapped the entire idea?

Neil if you see this post how about an update, and your thoughts on having a aftersales forum for user questions about your products?

I had few other small issues to fix on the laser machine, but IT WORKS. I have done few trials, even I engraved a picture. I am really impressed by accuracy and speed. Honestly I did not expect this performance. Still I need to get a better alignment of mirrors as the engraving is not consistent in contrast when the stock is in different locations on the table - left corner, right corner, middle, etc. Also, I must clarify the tuning of current as now the potentiometer is on MINIMUM. Can somebody explain me the scale of Ampermeter and correct value I must read on it? I can not figure out where are those maximum 20 mA on the scale. Anyway I suppose that the scale is not as it is written 0-3A (see the above picture of it). I have found also that PAUSE button from the control panel does not work so I need to see why. Anyway, until now it works and I am very satisfied with the results. I hope Leo will fix as soon as possible the other issues and then I will declare myself a satisfied customer.

Zoltan

Just to let you know that I've had a couple of emails from Neil while he's in china with some questions I had about these machines which he has answered and he's been testing some different materials in the lasers. I asked him if they could be used to create pcb's by engraving away the copper but apparently the laser just cut through the copper and substrate as well.

He's still on the case out there as far as I know but has been having some email problems.

Ben

If I accused anyone, I appologize for that, that is not my original meaning, I just want to clear something.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
    I had few other small issues to fix on the laser machine, but IT WORKS. I have done few trials, even I engraved a picture. I am really impressed by accuracy and speed. Honestly I did not expect this performance. Still I need to get a better alignment of mirrors as the engraving is not consistent in contrast when the stock is in different locations on the table - left corner, right corner, middle, etc. Also, I must clarify the tuning of current as now the potentiometer is on MINIMUM. Can somebody explain me the scale of Ampermeter and correct value I must read on it? I can not figure out where are those maximum 20 mA on the scale. Anyway I suppose that the scale is not as it is written 0-3A (see the above picture of it). I have found also that PAUSE button from the control panel does not work so I need to see why. Anyway, until now it works and I am very satisfied with the results. I hope Leo will fix as soon as possible the other issues and then I will declare myself a satisfied customer.

Zoltan
    Hi Zoltan,

Congratulations...The scale of Ampermeter is in (X10 ma), that mean if you read 2 on the scale of the Ampermeter then the actual ampere is 20 ma.

From my previous experience:

-Pictures engraving adjust it to (0.9 to 1) with speed 16.

-vector cutting adjust it to (1 to 2) vary the speed according to the type and thickness of material.

-On my machine when I turn the potentiometer to the max limit only the max I can get is 20 ma (2 on the scale).

-The only working buttons is the jogging buttons (no working pause or Origin buttons)

Wow, THANK YOU. This is great. I just engraved with potentiometer at minimum which means just 2 gradations on the scale and the picture came out very nice, so, having so large range I suppose the quality will be great. Regarding origin I have discovered that if you jog to the position you would like to be the origin and afterwards you push the origin button, then it records it as ORIGIN and after the job is done it parks to this position making possible to make repetitive job on the same position of stock. The problem is that if you want to pause a job you can not do it by pressing PAUSE and if you want to stop a job and reset, you have no other possibility (at least this is what I experienced until now) than to stop the transfer and after the spool (I did not check if I can uncheck the spooling option on the driver proprieties, but I think it can be done as my driver seems to be HP LaserJet 6L) is empty to switch off the power of laser and then the main power.

Thank you.

I will keep you inform about my progress along of learning curve.

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

If you jog to any position this will be the origin no need to press the origin button.
    If you want accurate origin position I prefers to do it from the software, you can see the details of that here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=14100&page=26 .
    Regarding to the software pause option, it will only pause the file transfer so you can't depend on that because the machine will not pause until empting the buffer, also when you pause from the software you should to take care that it will not pause the laser beam so it will destroy your work...!

Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    JI asked him if they could be used to create pcb's by engraving away the copper but apparently the laser just cut through the copper and substrate as well.
    What about having it set at the minimum power, or failing that, buying it with a lower wattage laser tube?

I am a bit surprise if that laser is a CO2 laser.

Co2 laser are not suppose to cut copper / gold /silver as these materials reflect the beam and hence will damage the lens / mirror.

Some deflection mirrors is made from copper and is highly polished.

If the guy is selling laser, he should be aware of this matter.

Can the laser engraver be used to cut glass? I found that some of the descriptions saying that it can be used to engrave organic glass? What is the organic glass? I thought we got only one type of glass?

Quote Originally Posted by robintan66 View Post
    Can the laser engraver be used to cut glass? I found that some of the descriptions saying that it can be used to engrave organic glass? What is the organic glass? I thought we got only one type of glass?
    Here is a thread I started months ago before seeing this one. I am still not sure exactly what 'organic' glass is, but regular pane glass worked fine for engraving.

Not sure about cutting but I suppose if the laser was powerful enough it might be possible, but then the heat may crack the glass and introduce other problems.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=20332&page=3 See Post No 41.

Thank you Diarmaid for your info. Seems like engraving a glass is more difficult that engraving an acrylic. Is laser engraving more economical than traditional glass etching technique? Is there anymore method to engrave a glass?

I believe Neil was just a consultant....hired to help get the laser products up to regulatory snuff.....

I've engraved several glasses on a versalaser vl-200 with rotary attachment and acheived some excellent results.

This was no more difficult on my machine to engraving acrylic.

Ben

Afraid I dont know anything about the various glass techniques, so I can't offer any useful advice.

Im almost certain the Neil was becoming a UK distributor, and not just a consultant. Read back over his posts.

To Robintan66,

Sorry have to reply you on this thread as the other thread is closed, the WK40 will arrive tomorrow and i will update you later on the machine as promised.

I will try to engrave on some samples after the setup is done.

I bought a machine redsail 6090A and I am happy with the result, taken care of manufacture
    laurent

Wink redsail

I bought a machine redsail 6090 and I am happy with the result, taken care of manufacture
    laurent

Page 28 of 57 18262728293038