587,997 active members*
3,299 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    memoryman

Thanks for the help. That fixed one of many issues. My latest issue is memory now. I have 6 of the 8 slots with a ram chip in it but I am only showing 103 pages available. My question is can I just buy HM6264LP-15 chips and go through the whole re-initializing of the system and call it ok? Based on my parameters, it seems as though I have a bad chip or 2 on my board. I should have at least 205 pages available to play with and possibly the option to change to 307 pages. I know that this is one of those closely guarded hush hush secrets but any help would be appreciated.

Chips

cj

So now 90% of the problems are fixed...

Sending programs:
    Turns out that the input/output device needed to be 0. I also found that the cable that I made/used was not 100% correct. I spent hours on the phone with various people and didn't get anywhere with that. Everyone I talked to said my cable was correct. So I spent another 2 days on the world wide web searching for clues. Turns out that I didn't have the pin-out correct on the db-25 side. I will be building 2 more cables just to see if it will work on this machine because the 3 wire was not the answer. I ended up jumpering 4 and 5 together.

Drip feed is not an option on this machine. It will require someone to come in and change the ladder and do some other techie stuff to make it work to the tune of $700+. Maybe an option for me down the road. I don't have the need for drip feed at this time although it would be nice so I don't have to split up my programs.

Phase converter:
    I passed on the digital phase converter and opted for a new control box and bigger wire. That fixed more issues that I didn't even realize I had until I had changed it all. Now I can run many more machines at the same time on that RPC than I could before.

Chips
    Last edited by Chips17; 09-27-2018 at 11:39 PM. Reason: additions

Page 2 of 2 12