fahrphrompuken
Real nice job, looks like you had your share of grime to deal with. They just look so good, all cleaned up. I wish I had the Power Knee. If I ever come by one I will certainly grab it. Might have to make it a "project", LOL.

Not sure what mine had on it for CNC, the operators console was taken right from Star Trek, The G Code could be entered using a paper tape reader, The Computer was massive, big rack with a bunch of cards. It had not ran for years, so I did the only thing that that I could and tore it all off. Now I have AC brushless servos, VFD Spindle, table speeds of 300 ipm. I'm in the controls trade so I have access to a lot of parts that get removed from service, along with a few buddy's junk piles, that helped with the build budget. I still had to purchase all the major items but got it done for just over $6K CAD. The servos where the most expensive part making up half the budget. From what I see so far I believe I will be happy.

When I looked at the overall condition of my machine's controls. The only two things I could have reused were the DC Servo Motors and the spindle motor. In your case, as your machine is in such good condition, a full refit may not be the way to go, You can certainly use Mach4 / SmoothStepper / Bob platform to drive almost any hardware, I'm not sure if the old Servo Amps accept step and direction signals, something to check. If they do it could be a relatively simple change over.

Jim