hello guys, hello vette, wow, a thread about coax

Quote Originally Posted by sld4121 View Post
The shorter the arm, the more accurate the results yes. My "cheaper" version came with a conversion factor of sorts to assist with that
Quote Originally Posted by wildwestpat View Post
That table shows that the shorter arm gives less sensitivity i.e. less deflection as seen per divisionon the inbuilt indicator dial
please, can someone share such a table ? thank you

so far, i have used only haimer centro :

... when the indicator moves a full revolution on the dial, the palpator moves with circa 0.85 degrees, regardless of palpator length

... if i use the straight palpator from haimer, and the palpator position is :
...... pretty paralel to centro axis, then the dial will show a value pretty close to the real value
...... tilted, then the dial will still show a value pretty close to the real value, but affected by a deviation caused by the tilted angle; the more you tilt the palpator, error increases ( obviously, you can not center a hole if the palpator is tilted 90 degrees, but also, small tilt angles do not input a huge error; mathematically, there is a threshold angle, until which this error is manifested after many digits, thus beyond 0.001, thus it's effect occurs at a small scale, so it can be ignored in reality )

... if i use longer palpators ( homemade, straight / curved / double curved, etc ), then the dial will show a value affected not only by the tilt angle, but also by the ratio between the " length of the custom palpator" and the ''length of haimer palpator = reference length"; for example, if the "longer palpator" is paralel to the centro axis ( tilt angle = 0 ), and it is twice longer then the "haimer palpator = reference length" , and the real value is 0.4, then the dial will indicate 0.2, thus only half of 0.4

about this " reference length ", pls check dimensions from attached image; image is not at real scale, but pls observe that those dimensions are pretty equal; if a "palpator length" = "reference length ± a bit", then displayed value is pretty close to real value / kindly