587,830 active members*
2,927 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Spindle not working

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You mean wired in, you would not normally have a VFD Drive plugged in to anything, or at least it should not be plugged in
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's a 110V VFD that came with a plug attached to it. I set up my electronics enclosure with a Gecko G540 a Mean Well 48V PS 14 gauge THHN on the AC side and 16 gauge on the DC side. I installed a receptacle for the VFD to plug into. It's been working for a year without incident until 2 weeks ago. After reprogramming the VFD all's well.

Re: Spindle not working

Quote Originally Posted by FGS View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's a 110V VFD that came with a plug attached to it. I set up my electronics enclosure with a Gecko G540 a Mean Well 48V PS 14 gauge THHN on the AC side and 16 gauge on the DC side. I installed a receptacle for the VFD to plug into. It's been working for a year without incident until 2 weeks ago. After reprogramming the VFD all's well.
    The wire you used would be questionable ( construction wire) you have to take installations like this seriously, you are dealing with industrial components and have to be wired to code requirements

Where did you buy a VFD Drive that already had the cable attached, this would not of been from the manufacture with a cable attached
    Mactec54