Friend,

First of all, please excuse the delay in my reply, I've been a wee bit busy lately.

First of all: You should be able to use TayfunK's own download link: ?ndir to get the diagrams.

Then, if the 123 error occurs when stopping the spindle (M5 command) from spindle speeds higher than 480-500RPM, you should absolutely check the regen resistors, and probably replace them! As I said in my previous post, I found that there was a break in two of the resistors that opened up when they got warm from use, which was the main reason for our problem. Our machine has the older type resistor package with five "sausages" inside, where the two biggest are connected in series, and the three smallest are also connected in series. These are then connected in parallel with eachother, creating the resulting resistance of approx. 8Ohms. All these resistors needs to be rated for 300W.

A new complete regen resistor package from HAAS costs about $1100 here in Sweden, the resistors themselves costs around $150 - go figure... It took me approx. 30 mins to fix (including THOROUGH cleaning!), since the whole shebang is bolted together - even the electrical connections inside the box are done with scews. Newer regen resistor packages looks different, so I cannot say how to fix them since I haven't had my nose inside one.

But I hope this helps you to keep your machine up and running, "eight and other good numbers" to you!

Best Regards,

Gyro_Gearloose