587,833 active members*
3,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > I never understood what Fanuc people meant by Fansuck until this 5700.

Hybrid View

Re: I never understood what Fanuc people meant by Fansuck until this 5700.

The Transform operation is the solution. It has been around for a very long time. If you check off the options I suggest before you problem will be solved.
    I have implemented thousands of times and use it at least once a week. I cannot imagine not using it.

.020 or more of stock is going to require 2 finish passes so it's not an option in production machining so the arc filter can't really resolve this issue properly. I don't know anything about transform operations. Every day I learn something about Mastercam, but I have a long way to go. There isn't a youtube video on how mastercam posts to Fanuc controls with 512KB or less of memory. This whole time I've been hoping Fanuc could tell me what a solution is, and prove their control sold on new machines isn't totally obsolete. It sounds like Fanuc doesn't have a solution.

Use .002 in filter settings if you are leaving .006.
    I have fit parts like that on multiple fixtures in 64k. This is easy to do if you use Filter settings and xform properly. Send me your file or call your dealer.

Hello guys,

This is for all FANUC-0i / 30i - users with max 512kb memory, I don't know if it works on the 0i-MC series.
    I made a FANUCPRG.BIN file that you can try if you want, it's METRIC.
    It's a Cimco-Edit 800kb sample-NC-file that's also stored in the zip-file, original file-name LEFTOVER.NC, 1Mb.
    I removed the line-numbers, minimal Z-value is 0, but for safe run put a value of 100. or 200. in the Z - EXT (WORK) table.

Copy the FANUCPRG.BIN file on your flash-card, use soft-key [MEM CARD], not the [MEMORY-CARD], that key show all files on the card,
    the key [MEM CARD] show only O1500, that's the program you need.
    Look also on post #30 for a video on this item.

If it works you can run a 800kb file on a 512kb memory, now you can run larger programs.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Hi guys,

Post #40 was 8 weeks ago, is there any interest on this item.
    Did someone purchased the Card Tool, or received it or tried the BIN-file, or want a BIN-file with it's own nc-code ?

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

I ordered the Fanuc memory software tool and the compact card after a brief conversation with Curt Christensen from Fanuc America - the disc can't be supplied until late March. This is apparently a new product for Fanuc. I'll update this when I get it to tell you guys who don't have it how it works. I informed my Doosan / Ellison Application people, and my sales guy who wasn't aware of it and I'm excited for March to see how it works.

Avongil- any chance you have screen capture software and can make a video? I just made a couple videos teaching some of the harder lessons I've learned in Mastercam. I feel like the only way to improve the Mastercam customer experience is to make the training videos that Mastercam refuses to make. Training is a key to too much time savings and it's just too expensive and unproductive when it's not a video product that doesn't hold back and tries to really teach people something that matters and that they can refer back to later when they forget a detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6c6Qxfk2RM

XForm toolpath video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-h6c819KG0
    This video explains it. Don't think I can make a better one.

For your problem, use my screen shot bellow to get the sub programs you need.

----

Mastercam has most likely the most videos out there:

free from CNC software they have tutorials. 7 high quality ones here:
    https://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Supp...ials/Mastercam

here are the cnc software paid lessons - https://university.mastercam.com/
    Here is a large list they maintain. https://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Supp...Learning-Tools

CNC Software forums are here: 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Holy smokes. I forgot I made the video your are looking for in 2013. Wow, where has the time gone. This is EXACTLY what you need to do. You asked for it - you go it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0nKsA7bdY

Thanks a lot that was a good example (your example) I had never seen that, and I have a cam instructor account and their example sucks compared to yours. It doesn't show sub calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Green0 View Post
    Thanks a lot that was a good example (your example) I had never seen that, and I have a cam instructor account and their example sucks compared to yours. It doesn't show sub calls.
    Let me know how it works out for you. It should post perfectly, if it does not then there are issues with your post but that is not likely these days.