Quote Originally Posted by Bgreat View Post
No, I think that the majority did watch but chose not to comment to on the video itself. Instead, they chose to express their personal satisfaction with their machine. The ball screws or the mounting there of could have been faulty. I get the idea that you buy a new product , you should get a functional product. With Tormach, it is clearly expressed in the user agreement that these machine will only be supported via phone and or email. That parts will be exchanged when needed as per warranty. So, to my point, one must be able to setup and validate a machine tool. With the Haas, they validate the machine once the machine is set by mill wrights. So the question is, was there any culpability on Jason's behalf? I think he kind of insinuated or expressed that to some degree. Personally, I didn't take the video as a direct , "Tormach sucks", review. It was more of a buyer beware announcement. A notice to others that this may be beyond their capability or will to engage in this kind of endeavour. That the higher price for the HAAS was worth it. The restocking fee and time to refund was something that seemed to really push his dis-satisfaction and maybe set his tone.
As to you insinuating that folks that have commented are cognitively deficent, that's a bit of a jump. BTW, have you had a similar experience with your Tormach product? What machine do you have and are you satisfied with it now?
I based my decision and purchase on a system to go from art to part! I shopped and waited for years trying not to be an early adopter because of cost. Still the learning curve was steep and at times expensive. I still get a gut punch when I tear up some expensive tool, Insert, cutter or break a probe because of some oversite on my part. Anyway that said the system as a whole has done nothing but get better.
I own a 1100 s3 with 4th axis that is about 4+ years old that is well taken care of and well tooled with high quality cutters. I also provide a controlled environment with clean dedicated power and to date I have had 0.00 failures.
Setup of these machines imho is no trivial task and took me a couple weeks to do alone. My Y axis did have some issues that I traced to base twist causing ball screw /gibbs to slightly bind and or added sticksion.
In short I have seen far less built with bigger tools and far more built with smaller tools. And it is up to talented and skilled people to get the most out of them.

Btw good luck with your purchase! Much to learn imho.