587,787 active members*
2,366 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Need help - dovetail/gib oiling

Hybrid View

Re: Need help - dovetail/gib oiling

At one of the gib screw locations make a custom screw that is long enough that is goes through he gib but doesn't touch the way of the table. Drill through the screw so the hole is used as an oil port. The attach the oiling mechanism to the screw head, the other end delivers oil to the desired location.

The srcew is longer so it can cross the air gap between the gob and the saddle, and deliver the oil to the way of the table.

Re: Need help - dovetail/gib oiling

Quote Originally Posted by cncuser1 View Post
    At one of the gib screw locations make a custom screw that is long enough that is goes through he gib but doesn't touch the way of the table. Drill through the screw so the hole is used as an oil port. The attach the oiling mechanism to the screw head, the other end delivers oil to the desired location.

The srcew is longer so it can cross the air gap between the gob and the saddle, and deliver the oil to the way of the table.
    I have some M6 plastic screws which can be used. Turn the tip down to 3mm so it can pass through the gib hole. And plastic will not score the dovetail.

The screws I have, have some odd M6 tbread. While I can screw them in e.g. an M6 nut, the fit is rather tight. This is a plus since they will not unwind. And I can use M6 internal thread fittings to attach the oil lines

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk