I totally agree with CadCamSam about hardware support from MC and IMO CNC Software has really dropped the ball on this. Rather than having a proper Hardware Compatibility List of tested configurations, CNC Software decided to let users be beta testers. Their hardware recommendations are a joke and look like what you see on the side of a video game box lol. We have a mix of Nvidia and AMD workstation cards but we have less issues with Nvidia for sure.

If you build/buy a new computer...
Don't bother with any mechanical hard drives at all.
Go SSD all the way, preferably M2 over SATA.
If you do more small or prisimatic work then 16GB of ram is probably enough.
For larger work or heavily 3D using stock models then you may need 32GB.
(our MC computers have 32 but if crunching two stock models at the same time they run out.)
Get an Nvidia Quadro card. All workstation cards tend to be pricey but you will be better off with a low end workstation card than a fast unsupported card.
If you have to go low end on video cards then one trick you can do is buy two or three cheap cards so you can do SLi or Crossfire for better performance.
I have three 1080's in a grid computing/gaming computing and it's a beast. They are gaming cards but are fast. NX looks ****ty on it but the performance is there.
I don't know if AMD has changed but they used to really suck at floating point processing which is mainly what cad cam uses. (I think their cpus shared a FP proc between two cores)
Intel is typically better for cad cam, especially the Xeons but I have heard the new i9's are really good.
This is a lot of info for some people so stick with the basics if you're unfamiliar with all this.

Okay now, here's another occasional problem with MC. Sometimes installs go awry and if it does then good luck trying to fix it. Sometimes re-installs work just fine but other times no matter how many attempts are made you will never get it working without manually removing certain registry entries. We have had to this on a few workstations and if a dealer instructs you to do this, you have to be extremely careful. A mistake when editing the registry can render your PC un-bootable. MC seems very bad at cross communicating with different versions and breaking things so sometimes it's best not to remove old versions when installing a new version. Which really isn't a bad idea since MC routinely breaks the ability to post old files in a new version. So completely dumb on CNC Software's part.