588,665 active members*
5,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > Linear Toroidal PSU for DYN2+400W DMM servos

Hybrid View

Re: Linear Toroidal PSU for DYN2+400W DMM servos

Thanks guys.

ger21. True but I've read many conflicting 'best practice' designs, and a few electrical engineers get hot under the collar when people suggest using two hots (series), rather than 0-to whatever voltage value, if the upstream device hasn't been design to to handle that arrangement.
    Also, as AI mentions, the final voltage output can be higher, so was wondering what Tx others have used for their linear PSU.

My rough PSU framework: inrush circuit, Tx, rectifier, capacitors + bleed resistors, (optionally some additional filters and or something to prevent spikes but this maybe overkill)

Re: Linear Toroidal PSU for DYN2+400W DMM servos

Quote Originally Posted by rvectors View Post
    Thanks guys.

ger21. True but I've read many conflicting 'best practice' designs, and a few electrical engineers get hot under the collar when people suggest using two hots (series), rather than 0-to whatever voltage value, if the upstream device hasn't been design to to handle that arrangement.
    Also, as AI mentions, the final voltage output can be higher, so was wondering what Tx others have used for their linear PSU.

My rough PSU framework: inrush circuit, Tx, rectifier, capacitors + bleed resistors, (optionally some additional filters and or something to prevent spikes but this maybe overkill)
    You do need to use an output filter as per Dmm spec's, Dc voltage up to 68v Dc to 70v Dc filtered is fine for the DYN2 drives
    Mactec54